This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Maxi Cosi Mobi v Be Safe Izi Combi

(18 Posts)
MissHonkover Sat 06-Aug-11 12:47:49

We've got a people carrier, so size of seat isn't hugely important, but have read that the Mobi is massive.

Views on either of these please!

Loopymumsy Sat 06-Aug-11 19:11:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aswellasyou Sat 06-Aug-11 19:18:52

I have a BeSafe and my sister has a Mobi. They're currently sitting next to each other in her car. The Mobi reclines a lot more than the BeSafe, it has loads of legroom as well. The BeSafe is adjustable so you can create more leg room if necessary. The Mobi doesn't have an insert like the BeSafe but I don't think it's uncomfortable without one. The Mobi is just a Priori the other way round so you can buy Priori covers/accessories for the Mobi.

I think I'd lean towards the Mobi myself, if it fits. If you like, I can take photos of the seats in situ tomorrow so you can compare them. And I can measure the Mobi to see if it would fit in your car.

aswellasyou Sat 06-Aug-11 19:20:00

Oh and the fact that the Mobi goes up to 25kg is a big plus point. smile

MissHonkover Sat 06-Aug-11 20:06:44

Thanks for your replies. aswellasyou, that's so kind, thanks, that would be very useful. I rang a supplier of both, who said the BeSafe is definitely bigger than the Mobi, but it would be great to get that from the horse's mouth, as 'twere.

Yes, the older age bracket of the Mobi was very tempting, they're so bloody expensive to start with, and the BeSafe is that bit more expensive.

aswellasyou Sat 06-Aug-11 20:39:29

You're welcome. I'll let you know when I've put them up-it should be either tomorrow evening or Monday morning. smile Are there any measurements you want me to take in particular apart from their length?

MissHonkover Sat 06-Aug-11 21:08:10

I think the only measurement I'd be concerned about would be length, I don't really fancy having to have the seat leaning against the back of the passenger seat or having to have the passenger seat really far forward.

If one seat is noticeably higher than the other (ie better visibility for child), it would be great to know that, but don't bother measuring.

Width wise we're fine, car is pretty broad and we only have 1 DC.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

aswellasyou Sat 06-Aug-11 22:56:25

The BeSafe is definitely higher than the Mobi-you'll see that in the photos. The BeSafe is a particularly high chair though. I have the sun canopy for it which sticks up a bit further, but it's so tall that my sister made me remove it or move the chairs around. I've been meaning to move the seats for weeks now!grin

moonstorm Sat 06-Aug-11 23:23:29

Which people carrier do you have? Make sure you don't have underfloor storage

TruthSweet Sun 07-Aug-11 22:59:55

MissHonkover - [http://www.rearfacing.co.uk/documents/fitting.pdf This]] might help with choosing.

TruthSweet Sun 07-Aug-11 23:00:17

Sorry this

aswellasyou Sun 07-Aug-11 23:06:31

Here are some photos. The BeSafe is approximately 75cm long and the Mobi is about 82cm. The Mobi has a small amount of wiggle room depending on how much you tilt it off/on the chair.

aswellasyou Sun 07-Aug-11 23:09:32

That link says the Mobi is 96cm long.confused It's definitely not-I measured it three times! Although, as I was about to add, the foot prop needs more room from the end of the seat. But it's the top of the seat in the front of the car that dictates the length available rather than the room on the floor. Does that make any sense at all?hmm

TruthSweet Sun 07-Aug-11 23:16:26

aswellasyou - it's not the length of the seat it's the amount of space needed i.e. from the seat back of the rear passenger seat to the back of the front passenger seat.

It's so you would know you couldn't have seat X if it required at least 92cm of room when you have your seat pushed back to give 84cm room in the back.

Though admittedly they have got the conversion wrong 37" is 94cm not 96cm grin

aswellasyou Sun 07-Aug-11 23:28:19

Is it the measurement from the back of the chair it's sitting on to the end of the foot prop then? I thought it meant the distance between the 'shoulders' of the two chairs-that's where I took the measurements from when buying carseats.
MissH, if you want any more measurements or photos let me know.

aswellasyou Sun 07-Aug-11 23:34:52

Thinking about it, they've probably given the absolute maximum length with the seat quite far off the chair. It's quite adjustable on this chair beacuse the edge is quite curvy. On a more bench-like backseat, it wouldn't be as manoeuverable and might have to sit quite far back.

MissHonkover Mon 08-Aug-11 09:09:50

Thanks so much everyone for pitching in!

aswellasyou, I really appreciate you posting the photos, that's given me a much clearer idea of the differences. Your baby is VERY cute, by the way.

Cheers TruthSweet for the link, also very handy.

I'm embarrassed to say I've discovered the car has isofix (only just got it and didn't realise bits of the seat pop off to reveal the isofix bars, I just assumed it didn't have isofix), so there's more choice available to us than I thought, but having seen the pictures and measurements I'm still really tempted by the Mobi.

It doesn't look like we have under floor storage, there's a rectangle shape on the floor but I can't see any way of opening it. I've looked up the specs online and there's no mention of it. Do all RF seats have a support leg?

aswellasyou Mon 08-Aug-11 10:35:36

You're welcome. I hadn't noticed the photo of my daughter-it's my Facebook profile!
We accidentally discovered my sister's car has isofix too. We thought it was too old but discovered the links when putting the Klippan Kiss in the car just to take it home from the shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now