This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Removing maxi cosi cabriofix cover for washing

(51 Posts)
jenrendo Thu 19-May-11 09:09:22

Please please please could a bright spark out there tell me how to remove this cover for washing before I throw the entire car seat across the room?!! I have spent the last hour on the internet and cannot find out how to do this anywhere. The instructions on the website are dreadful. I have managed to get it almost all off but the adjuster strap at the foot end prevents me from removing it completely. I cannot for the life of me figure it out and I thought I was a normal intelligent person! Any tips? Please save me from myself......

And me! Did a google search and this was the first thing that came up bill be back so you can all tell me how to get the bugger back on grin

I'll be back! I don't know a Bill...

Ok I give in. It's mostly all on but on the cover, just above the buttons that you press to move the handle, there is a little elastic loop but I cannot see where it hooks on to?

Why aren't the bastard things easier to remove/refit? Everyone knows babies poo, wee and spew all the time.

EmmaCDBennett Mon 03-Dec-12 11:17:28

I too have just joined MumsNet to THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO much for helping me get the frigging cover off the car seat! I have spent so long trying to get the damn thing off I'm now not sure I have time to wash and dry it before bub needs collecting - aaaahhhh! SO frustrating! Thanks again, from a very relieved first time poster xx

octanegirl Sat 29-Dec-12 22:18:46

Wow. I spent hours today trying to get the sodding cover off. Now it's off. Thank you!!!!!

sussexsongbird Sat 05-Jan-13 16:16:18

Happiness is... googling your question and find that the answer exists on mumsnet :-)

bbface Mon 11-Feb-13 14:49:59

Thank you, thank you and THANK YOU!!!

Seems like this is the thread that keeps on giving

Mummyvaughan Thu 07-Mar-13 11:46:24

Thank goodness! I have just joined Mumsnet after finding this extremely useful post! I was also about to launch the car seat across the room because I could not find out how to remove the cover. So THANK YOU!!! However, getting it back on might be another challenge!!!

youngkane Sun 17-Mar-13 19:36:18

Omg just found this thread driving had been driving me so mad and its so easy!! Can't believe this is not on the instructions. Thanks so much! smile

I still don't get it <dumbass emoticon>

I haven't been struggling with this since last post, oh no

Can someone explain to me very slowly in words of no more than two syllables where I undo the adjustment strap to release the sodding cover?

I can't find any secret gaps or hidden slots sadsadsad

Done it! Rage over! grin

flowerflo Fri 29-Mar-13 19:47:13

Thank god for this thread, I was going insane trying to get the cover off! The instructions say sponge clean only on mine, but do they survive the washing machine?

I washed mine on a 30 degree synthetics cycle and was fine.

flowerflo Sat 30-Mar-13 08:20:15

Thanks, I'll try that as its so dirty I don't think sponging will be enough x

sophiekatrine Mon 15-Apr-13 16:12:51

this was soooooooooooooo helpful! I was totally confused and had almost taken the whole thing apart. Thanks so much! x

preemiemummy26 Wed 24-Apr-13 21:42:17

I can't get the sodding cover back on... Looks like I'm buying a new one sad

Offcolour Fri 14-Jun-13 14:14:43

Sooo useful! Thanks!

Now can someone please tell me how I get the bloody sun cover to go back on. Can see where it's supposed to go but it's incredibly fiddly to reattach.

fields Wed 26-Jun-13 11:38:03

HI, i have managed to remove and replace the cover on the maxi cosi carbiofix but i cannot the the harness back on, its the bit a the bottom i have it put through the clip by force and now the button at the bottom wont work( silver round circle button )im sure i didnt take it off right . Has any one any suggestions.

larlemucker Fri 28-Jun-13 14:13:46

Managed to get cover off and wash it and get it back on but how the hell do you put the adjustment strap back through??

At the moment I can adjust straps put the long silver cord thing is hanging loose and the foot end of the seat. Any ideas how I fix it before I drive 30 mins to the local baby shop to sort it out?

larlemucker Fri 28-Jun-13 14:21:31

BUMP!!

CuriosityCola Sun 30-Jun-13 12:27:46

I ended up taking mine back to the pram centre. The ladies there spent a long time putting it back together for, whilst looking at one they had in stock for guidance. I would say it is worth the car journey.

For what it's worth, the seat comes off without unthreading all the straps. I found this out when googling how to put it back together sad

daviduk Fri 27-Sep-13 16:25:47

Appreciate this is a couple of months old but I had this problem and I snapped the polystyrene insert the first time. I have now learned how to do it and it bugged me so much I put a photo guide together on my website. I hope this helps out others:
dadbab.com/how-to/cabriofix-cover/

jadesnox Sun 23-Mar-14 16:38:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now