Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

How much will getting Isofix points fitted cost?

(10 Posts)
Underachieving Wed 23-Feb-11 23:12:00

I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea what kind of money I might be looking at to get Isofix points fitted to an older car?

Even a very rough idea would help as for all I know we could be talking £50 or £5000. Has anyone done this?

Also, where would I go to get this done? The cars in question are 1 Saab and one Citroen, both over 10 years old.

sazm Thu 24-Feb-11 19:27:08

i think you would need to phone the dealership and ask them,some cars cant have it retro fitted,some can,the price varies on how easy it is to fit x

TRLChildSafetyCentre Fri 25-Feb-11 09:44:43

I suspect that the fitting of ISOFIX points to older cars is not practically possible.
The anchor points (that the car seat attaches to) will have to pass static pull testing, for these to be legal and these tests may damage you car.

The location and strength requirements of ISOFIX points are controlled by legislation. The regulations are UNECE Regulation 14 and Regulation 16.

frasersmummy Fri 25-Feb-11 09:48:16

you dont need to have iso fix points..

you can secure most seats the "old fashioned" way

sazm Sat 26-Feb-11 09:44:47

it does depends on the car - the focus for example,you can actually buy an 'isofix anchorage point' on ebay which bolts in the boot,its about £30!
other cars dont have the facility,you would need to call your local dealership x

so long as the belted seat is fitted correctly,it is just as safe as an isofix seat.isofix just eliminates the possibility of incorrect fitting.

i've got 3 kids,never had isofix and i know 100% that their seats are fitted correctly,thats good enough for me x

Nicplus1and1baking Mon 28-Feb-11 22:03:13

I have isofix anchorage points in my car and have never even used them, i cant jutify paying £100 for a base to fit first stage in when they are expensive enough as it is.

And then the other2 seats ive had dont even come as isofix option.

niniane Wed 02-Mar-11 21:55:21

I was quoted around £100 at a local dealership. A local garage did it for £45.

breathrp Tue 09-Apr-13 18:43:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SizzleSazz Tue 09-Apr-13 18:46:07

Ours were retrofitted as I was told the car had them when they sold it to me but it didn't hmm. Slightly earlier model in the year they were introduced. The garage which sold us the car paid for them with the local main dealer and DH fitted them. IIRC they were about £80 (Volvo)

Ivytheterrible Tue 09-Apr-13 18:49:48

Depends on the car obviously we did this on a Ford Focus and it was £75. They only bolt on the fixings!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now