MN camping meetup??????????????

(179 Posts)
supersalstrawberry Sun 30-May-10 22:40:13

are we having one this year, last years was good, would be good to camp somewhere where we could all be together this time.

liahgen66 Thu 10-Jun-10 12:03:04

20th Aug good for us too.

deepdarkwood Thu 10-Jun-10 13:02:48

Don't think 20th August will work for us - but go ahead with that date, as our plans may change, and we're only tentative anyway

MollieO Thu 10-Jun-10 13:50:04

Maybe we should make a list of who is coming and where they live and then try and pick a central site.

MollieO - Berkshire

MollieO Thu 10-Jun-10 13:50:36

Maybe we should make a list of who is coming and where they live and then try and pick a central site.

MollieO - Berkshire

MollieO - Berkshire
Lisad123 - Hertfordshire

supersalstrawberry Thu 10-Jun-10 16:51:20

MollieO - Berkshire
Lisad123 - Hertfordshire
Supersalstrawberry - Cardiff

me me me, we have a tent now and everything! not that it's been any further than the back garden yet!

2 DS's 4 and 2

MollieO - Berkshire
Lisad123 - Hertfordshire
MrsTicklemouse - Cambridge

supersalstrawberry Thu 10-Jun-10 17:40:12

I'm thinking of buying a 4 man pop up for dd and myself as dh and ds probs won't come with us and bring the day tent as well.

any excuse to buy a new tent wink

I might get this one, went to see it today and it's quite roomy and I wouldn't have to scrable around on the floor to get my trews on as its got quite good headroom, be good for ds and his mates to use as well.
Dh can't believe I want to buy another tent blush

it's double skin but the second skin is the seperate fly sheet you can see in the pic, not sure about that, wondering how cold it'll be at night hmm

I could be interested... am in the central south. roundhill would suit me. Can make the first half of the summer holidays.

rosieposey Thu 10-Jun-10 17:54:58

Id be up for a weekend camping and meeting some lovely mn'ers (even though ive only done it once before) We have a lovely tent now and i would be coming with my 4 DC's age range from 18 - 16 months

MollieO - Berkshire
Lisad123 - Hertfordshire
Rosieposey - Wiltshire

The last time i camped it was in August and it was sooooo cold that we needed hats and gloves at 11 o clock (the beer jackets werent working!)

MollieO Thu 10-Jun-10 20:52:56

bump!

mumtoallgirls Thu 10-Jun-10 21:25:59

although couldnt do the 14th or 20th.... if date changes ....

MollieO - Berkshire
Lisad123 - Hertfordshire
Rosieposey - Wiltshire
mumtoallgirls-hampshire

I can currently do either of those dates

MollieO - Berkshire
Lisad123 - Hertfordshire
Rosieposey - Wiltshire
mumtoallgirls-hampshire
Honeymoonmummy - Cheshire (don't mind travelling!)

Revelry Thu 10-Jun-10 22:02:32

I'm Dorset.

supersalstrawberry Fri 11-Jun-10 10:49:47

Heres a list of the sites suggested so far, if I missed any please add them, and please suggest any others that might be suitable. Might be an idea when we've got a good list to put our names under the sites we'd be willing to travel to.

Roundhill

Ashbourne (is there a link to this one)

Farm site Herts (is there a link to this one)

South Lytchett Manor, Dorset

Hurley in Berkshire

River Dart Country Park, Devon

Christchurch or Bracelands in the Forest of Dean

herts
no website but heres link to details

Im happy with anything dorest way, devon is a little too far for us for a weekend.

supersalstrawberry Fri 11-Jun-10 22:15:54

looks good Lisa but it's a bit too far for me sad

MollieO Sat 12-Jun-10 14:40:05

What about somewhere in Wiltshire as a fairly central place to those who are keen to come? Don't know anywhere there other than the Swindon Outlet shopping mall (not an obvious camping suggestion!).

supersalstrawberry Sun 13-Jun-10 16:36:48

sounds good MollieO, can anyone recommend a site?

Tortington Sun 13-Jun-10 16:50:25

will it be childfree and have vodka and weed?

<hopes>

supersalstrawberry Sun 13-Jun-10 17:05:38

if only wink

flossie64 Sun 13-Jun-10 17:29:10

I thought about this a while ago but could only think of Sacrewell farm- they have areas you can rally on and would do a deal if you got a number of bookings . the manager is called Mike.
I'm in Lincolnshire BTW

MollieO Sun 13-Jun-10 17:37:51

custy the evenings will be and if we find somewhere we can abandon them they can play then the daytime will be too grin. If it is anything like last year I only saw ds at meal times and not for long even then.

Tortington Sun 13-Jun-10 17:39:40

yes but when you say 'i only saw him..' was it becuase you were passed out the rest of the time?

i think this is the benchmark to aim for ladies grin

actually i mentioned this to dh and he said " jesus christ the restof the campsite would be queuing to leave at 2am when you lot get going"

i dont know what he means

anyway have a great time.

MollieO Sun 13-Jun-10 17:50:54

From UK Campsite, these look possible:

Brokerswood Country Park

Lincoln Farm Parklooks very nice although it is in Oxford so a bit north of Wiltshire but still pretty central to those who have expressed an interest in coming. I tried to go here last year but it was last minute and completely booked up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now