MN camping meetup??????????????

(179 Posts)
supersalstrawberry Sun 30-May-10 22:40:13

are we having one this year, last years was good, would be good to camp somewhere where we could all be together this time.

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 10:09:14

now have finally got a tent id be up for it

sarah293 Mon 31-May-10 10:10:57

Message withdrawn

MollieO Mon 31-May-10 10:34:04

Definitely keen to do this. Don't mind where as long as it is within a 4 or 5 hour driving distance of Reading.

yes please

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 12:15:19

I'm another one on public transport am over in East herts

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 12:18:35

But can travel as ds1 and ds2 are my pack horses

well im in north herts if thats any help to anyone, even if its just to help with packs and stuff

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 17:02:59

Did see a site might try some point but think for you supersal bit close to home it's near Reading will find it out link on when can get on the laptop

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 17:05:50

Is it worth finding out ages of dc and what sort of minimum faclites is acceptable .

I have 4 dc 16,13,7 and 4 who uses a wheelchair for anything more than few yards

minimum I need is toilet ,shower and for more than few days would not say no to Ehu

can't do 23 August as away for a week

I have s DDs, one aged 7 and one aged 2 1/2. I need a clean toilet block and warm showers, and any extras are a bonus! I dont need, club house, bingo hall, fairground or amuzement arcade!

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 18:15:45

www.wellington-country-park.co.uk/template2.asp?PageID=5

is one im thinking of going at some point

I'd like to join in. I've heard that Wellington Country Park is a very nice campsite, so nice that it books up quickly!

Is this going to be a weekend camp during the summer holidays? I think I'm free every w/end except the last two in August.

A whole family thing? I think dh could be quite spooked at the idea of being surrounded by MNers!grin

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 18:36:12

it looks good 30 quid a night though for hook up and 2plus 2 .Which for us with dc is not as bad as includes acess to the park but might be stretch for others without dc

What is 2plus2?

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 18:47:39

2 adults which is what there basic price is plus 2dc .Whats the minimum you want from site and if you have dc what ages then hopefully can find a site that suits everyone

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 18:48:53

know Riven is bristol way me and Lisasd are Herts will be case trying work out somewhere that ever
yone can get to

SeaShellsOnTheSeaShore Mon 31-May-10 18:53:09

Dorset

been looking here as had good rl reviews. I'm really busy this summer so it doesn't look good for me (v pg so fitting loads in before number 2 arrives!) but will be there if I can!

Wellington is v good.

SeaShellsOnTheSeaShore Mon 31-May-10 18:55:46

South lychett fits alot of the accessibily tick boxes. Bus stop outside main entrance and bike to hire on site

tbh £30 a night is a lot imo. Im happy to travel with 2 1/2 hours of home for a weekend. Only problem with wellington is that you cant arrive late, which might be an issue for those coming after work.
Let me know, im up for a giggle and a bottle of wine or two wink

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 19:17:09

im of to www.riverdart.co.uk/ next month .

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 19:18:19

only onee or two dam i was thinking 3 or 4grin

roundthebend4 Mon 31-May-10 19:19:27

feeling from looking around that a lot of sites going to be around the £25\30 a night in the summer

I have 3y, 7y, 9y (plus dh) and for a weekend all I'd need are decent loos and showers. I'm partial to sites like Hurley, where there are several camping fields, pitches around each field, and the access roads go past each field so there are no cars driving past your tent and children can play in the field.

What a great idea! I'll be watching this thread...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now