Poncetastic things when camping

(60 Posts)
S1ur Fri 01-Aug-08 23:59:39

Would taking courgettes and thyme be a step too far??

grin

Oooh

Mighty loud beeping on my ponce-ometer

grin

<<high fives slur>>

wrinklytum Sat 02-Aug-08 00:02:35

Sound yummy.Fry in butter on your camping stove.Add black pepper and a few sprigs thyme.Or you could make ratatouille if you add some tinned tom,garlic and stuff.

S1ur Sat 02-Aug-08 00:02:56

grin Boys

So I'm thinking we frown on aubergine then?

gigglewitch Sat 02-Aug-08 00:02:59

depends what you are going to do with them
wink

S1ur Sat 02-Aug-08 00:06:39

lol Giggle, I am biased have just been camping and spent a few moments judging assessing campers from mn pov.

For instance.

Camping - The one place where wandering around in your jimjams outside in da hood is acceptable.

But apparently wearing heels is not wise.

gigglewitch Sat 02-Aug-08 00:07:10

grin pmsl @ BALD

Did you pee in the hedge behind the tent?

At night, obv grin

[hardened camper pre-DCs]

S1ur Sat 02-Aug-08 00:08:35

<sigh> yy the aubergine was a step too far non? I felt the eyes of judgement upon me, I wanted to yell but look at sensible walking shoes I have don't judge me!

But instead I jutted my chin and played with my thyme

gigglewitch Sat 02-Aug-08 00:10:02

watching campers from MN p.o.v - intriguing, pray tell more!

S1ur Sat 02-Aug-08 00:10:52

surely the pissing in a bush is a requirement as part of regulatory joke akin to bears and woods or popes and catholism...

Do campers wee in bushes?

No, of course not they use prescribed faciities at all hours in all weathers.

har har at sensible shoes

yes, what else did you observe?

<<leans forward conspiratorially>>

gigglewitch Sat 02-Aug-08 00:13:07

<<paranoid>>

GW why are you you paranoid?

C'mon Slur, dish that dirt

grin

S1ur Sat 02-Aug-08 00:19:11

Camping is funny.

It is lifestyles on display and also amusing priorites yes?

So great combo. grin

We had 4 different neighbours while we stayed. The quiet ones, the walkers, the families.

We saw only one lot with a portable tv, everyone had lurverly big portable armchairs, a thankfully stylefree styleless zone where only the teens had straightened hair.

S1ur Sat 02-Aug-08 00:21:09

oooh dirt, I'm sure any we saw was tame. I suspect (and hope) that others will dish faaar better.

But in the bathroom I did find... eyelash curlers

Roffling at the teens with their straightened hair.

Did I ever tell the story of camping on the Gower years ago ??

When the toilet fell off the wall and I was chased by someone else's massive turd out of the toilet block??

grin

eyelash curlers

shock

gigglewitch Sat 02-Aug-08 00:27:40

pmsl #2 at BALD.
and paranoid cos i didn't know all those smug folk sitting in the hooooge folding armchairs next to the tents were spying on us grin

i dont think courgettes and thyme are ponceysmile
my MIL purposefully went out and bought a george forman fat buster grill thing as she wanted to cook peppers and chicken to put on her salad at lunchsmile i thought that was a teeny bit poncey grin i myself was happy with
beans and sausage on toastgrin cooked on the good old camping stove obvsmile
xx ei xx

S1ur Sat 02-Aug-08 00:30:07

yy be paranoid giggle grin If you've ever thought to look in someone's shopping basket while shopping just think what they thought of your bed hair shock and double shock your in tent conversations that you thought were private

gigglewitch Sat 02-Aug-08 00:31:15

I have an er, um, acquaintance (can't call her friend) <shallow> who turned up on a field with no facilities with her hairdryer hmm and wanted to pitch her tent at the bottom of the hill shock. It rained and the said tent became a boat. Possibly her last camping trip?

grin

Troutpout Sat 02-Aug-08 10:36:24

The 'loud parenting' brigade.. The ones who ponce off reporting every event in their childrens life.
They are 10 times worse in a field.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now