Planning for a first time "long" camp

(3 Posts)
QueenofLouisiana Fri 28-Oct-16 07:58:45

We've camped for weekends- including 3 day ones but never longer. So I've booked a week here in the summer and plan to book another few days closer to the Loire Valley where we have a mobile home.

Because we usually short term camp we have the essentials- beds, sleeping bags, chairs etc. I only have a tiny hob- breakfast cooking (pub for dinner) so I know I need to buy a better one - suggestions welcomed.

What else do I need to get? I'm hoping to buy now on the sales, not at full price in June!

profpoopsnagle Fri 28-Oct-16 08:40:18

TBH, you need almost as much for 1 night as 7!

Depending on what you like to eat you may find that the hob will be fine- it's summer, so you may want salady things/bread etc. Does the site allow charcoal BBQs? If so take those, or look into getting a small gas BBQ- cadac etc.

Do you have an EHU lead? This might be useful for a longer camp, to charge phones and have a little bit of light in the evening.

QueenofLouisiana Fri 28-Oct-16 09:16:28

No electric lead, the pitch has a hook up included so I'll buy one. Do they all fit all hook ups or do I need to buy a 'French' one? (Sorry, clueless!).

I'll check up in the BBQ allowance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now