Hanging things up in a tent

(16 Posts)
outnumberedismylife Tue 06-Sep-16 21:53:15

We have a new airbeam tent which I love but I need to get better at organising stuff within it. Is there anything anyone uses to hang stuff up in a tent? Thinking jumpers, jackets etc? Stuff seems to end up on the floor.

Permanentlyexhausted Tue 06-Sep-16 22:37:01

I just leave clothes in the kit bags. I take pop up storage/laundry bins for storing things like coats and jackets.

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 06-Sep-16 22:39:08

Everything stays in the bags and coats etc generally end up taking over a camping chair

Milliways Tue 06-Sep-16 22:54:25

We camped next to a family of 6 who packed a coatstand. Thought it was nuts but 6 coats all hanging neatly saved them a load of floor space.
They also had stacking crates and a plastic drawer set - and a huge trailer which everything was kept in at home until the next trip.

outnumberedismylife Tue 06-Sep-16 23:10:13

Thanks. Off to ponder how we fit a coat stand in the car....

KeepOnPlodding Tue 06-Sep-16 23:20:21

I would love to see DH's face if I attempted to get a coat stand into the car. I am very tempted to try it next time... smile

GCHQMonitoring Tue 06-Sep-16 23:30:43

We used to have an extending pole that sat on the ground and clipped onto the frame with a 30 cm pole extending at 90°. Used to hold 4 coats on hangers, presume they can still be bought

PitchFork Tue 06-Sep-16 23:38:08

backs of chairs. plus we take a small clothes horse with us. and we put up a line for light lowels.

Pengweng Thu 08-Sep-16 14:17:46

Coats get hung on little hooks above the bedroom drawers. Clothes go in fold out storage bag thingys like below.
www.amazon.co.uk/ORGANISER-SHOPPING-COLLAPSIBLE-FOLDABLE-STORAGE/dp/B00H2GQUDG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1473340469&sr=8-3&keywords=car+boot+organiser

I also string up a line between the two bedrooms (we have a vis a vis style tent) and hang stuff off there.
I saw a tent the other day that had three bedrooms or 2 bedrooms and a wardrobe with hanging rail! I want it but can't remember what it was called.

Pengweng Thu 08-Sep-16 14:18:09

*bedroom doors not drawers

CatherineDeB Thu 08-Sep-16 20:44:53

Do you have a loop anywhere that can take the weight of things hanging?

I sewed loops in 1/4 inch nylon webbing and then inserted hooks with rubber tips but I have a tent with poles.

We hang them on each side of the front - they don't touch the tent as there is a front side pocket thing that hangs behind it.

CatherineDeB Thu 08-Sep-16 20:47:00

Of course you can't really see it but it goes down the diagonal of the tent wall 6 or 7 on each side.

Sleeperandthespindle Thu 08-Sep-16 20:54:41

We have a camping wardrobe! Four shelves and a rail.

hillbilly Fri 09-Sep-16 13:26:34

I use S hooks attached inside the tent. Works for rain jackets, hoodies, towels etc. Rest of the stuff stays in bags.

outnumberedismylife Wed 14-Sep-16 23:00:48

Thanks for all the ideas!

gingeroots Sat 17-Sep-16 09:53:51

I have one of these free standing , very collapsible jobbies at home

www.amazon.co.uk/Top-Home-Solutions-Portable-Standing/dp/B01CIACGOM/ref=sr_1_27?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1474101486&sr=1-27&keywords=indoor+clothes+airer

I presume an airbeam lacks any rigid upright tent poles - lots of clip on things available for those if you google tent pole hanger .But won't help you I think .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now