Solar charging

(9 Posts)
Thebookswereherfriends Thu 01-Sep-16 22:22:22

Does anyone have recommendations for a good solar charger that doesn't take up much space?
I've bought a new phone which is hopeless with charge when the wifi or 3g is on. We don't ehu when camping and I would like to be able to use my phone as my camera when away.
www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-RAVPower-Efficient-Lightweight-Waterproof/dp/B01FH2HYCW/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1472764844&sr=8-14&keywords=solar+charger
This was one that seems to be well reviewed and is probably the top price I could pay. Anyone use it? Any other ideas?

CatherineDeB Fri 02-Sep-16 03:42:29

We have got this which is brill, plus one of their explorers. Not sure why we have two tbh. Big one probably bought second as we might charge more than one phone/iPad ...... DH buys the gadgets, he likes gadgets, I am shocked at the price tbh but it is really good.

m.cotswoldoutdoor.com/powertraveller-powermonkey-extreme-e3712026?id_colour=122

CatherineDeB Fri 02-Sep-16 03:44:56

Just read the bit about not much space. The explorer is small.

Thebookswereherfriends Sat 03-Sep-16 16:36:17

Thanks for your input.

FatimaLovesBread Sat 03-Sep-16 16:40:50

I wouldn't bother with a solar charger. We have an external battery. Charge it up before you go and it has enough charge on it to charge your phone or tablet a few times depending on the size battery you get

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 03-Sep-16 16:46:16

Are you taking your car? A few min in your car with a car charger can be better to keep phone topped up.

Otherwise I do have a solar power pack I got from Maplin. It can do a couple of charges of my phone. The power pack can be charged up via the mains or the car or by solar so you can charge it fully at home and then keep it topped up using the sun.

Thebookswereherfriends Sat 03-Sep-16 17:15:38

The car charger doesn't really charge much unless we're driving for about an hour. Maybe one I can charge via the car and the sun is the way to go. Thank you.

FatimaLovesBread Sat 03-Sep-16 18:28:51

These are similar to what we have. Go for at least 20,000 and you'll get a few charges. You can leave it connected to your phone in your bag to charge on the move or charge overnight

FatimaLovesBread Sat 03-Sep-16 18:29:42

Sorry forget the link www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_sc_1_6?k=external+battery&sprefix=exterb

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now