camping

(6 Posts)
aleshaparks Tue 16-Aug-16 00:24:41

I am attending Just so festival with my 4 and 3 year old girls. Really excited, but recently discovered on a recent camping trip that the new tent purchased does not fit 3 in one room which means I potentially will need to sleep in the other room with a metre width porch separating us. I have been told to peg the exit down so they can not escape but I still feel a bit unsure about whether this is safe. Any suggestion, do many people camp with there young children in another compartment ?.

MissSueFlay Tue 16-Aug-16 10:08:07

Can you put all your stuff in one room and all hunker down to sleep in a heap in the other? That's what we do - 2 adults & DD(4).

When you zip up the door to their room you should have the zip up at the top so they can't reach it, and leave books and toys in there, maybe something to nibble on, so they can play when if they wake up early.

Have fun!

Lemond1fficult Tue 16-Aug-16 10:13:29

Could you get a number-operated padlock for the main section? It could go through the zip and the bungee loop that pins the doorway to the floor.

Pengweng Wed 17-Aug-16 13:55:00

Can you sleep across the bottom of them?
So the two of them length ways and then you across the bottom near their feet?

SortAllTheThings Thu 18-Aug-16 00:48:47

Do not lock them in! Fire risk.

Stick a bell on the zipper instead, so you hear it moving if they try and open it.

Blu Thu 18-Aug-16 19:31:52

They will only be separated from you by a metre and some very thin fabric. You can usually hear everything. Otherwise, put your mat and sleeping bag in the porch area.

And yes, zips to the top of the tent.

(I always have an open penknife or scissors next to me at night in case of fire, but I think I am v over cautious, I don't know anyone else who does this!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now