Kampa Croyde or Hayling tent

(3 Posts)
littlemissneela Sat 13-Aug-16 20:57:00

My dh and I have a huge tent currently, Gelert Beyond Corvus 5+2, which we bought when our 3 kids used to come with us. Now its just us and our dog, and whilst we love the space, which especially came in useful this past wet and windy camping hols so the other family member who came along hung out in our tent, the living area is so very big, and got cold with just two sat in it.
What we would like is another tent with the same footprint, or slightly smaller (currently 4m x 6x approx), but would like the front section to be a porch area, which the Kampa Croyde and Hayling seem to have.
Does anyone have either of these tents, either the 6 or 4 versions, and if so, what do you think of them? Any pros or cons?
Or do you have something else you'd recommend that would suit us better?

Krustyandthekids Sat 13-Aug-16 21:50:32

We have a croyde and love it. It's spacious and light but dark in the sleeping bit. It's a great all rounder. We bought the carpet for a little extra warmth...

onaroll Thu 18-Aug-16 11:18:24

I have a Kampa Holkham.
Which is the same as the Kampa Filey Classic but in blue not beige.
It's polycotton, so not so 'flappy' as the nylon one. Stays lovely & warm .
Great porch on front. I have the vestibule as well (if it gets really grotty with weather) .

Hugely recommend.

I also have the Kampa Frinton Classic . Which is same tent but smaller without porch but I have canopy.
Great size for a couple & again easy to keep warm as its poly cotton.

( I'm selling my Holkham , when I get round to it).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now