Ty Nadan or other campsites in Brittany

(5 Posts)
Flappingandflying Tue 09-Aug-16 21:45:28

Anyone been? Thoughts? Or any recommendations for sites in Brittany with big sized pitches. Probs southern Brittany due to weather and quite fancy visiting the sub docks at St Nazaire. Not Grand Metaire - went for a look round and thought it cramped and too busy.

Many thanks!

Flappingandflying Sun 21-Aug-16 15:50:24

Bump

Branleuse Sun 21-Aug-16 15:53:52

ive been to l'atlantique which we all really loved, and had a gorgeous walk through a nature reserve to get to the most stunning beach.

I dont know about cramped because we went in May so not high season, but the caravans were not too close together, compared to some parks

deepdarkwood Sun 21-Aug-16 15:59:14

We went to Ty Nadan this summer :-) Lovely site - we had a massive pitch near the river (requested, but didn't pay extra for a site near the river); lots of space, very quiet where we were. Loads to do - but all extra cost, obv.
uUick summary:
Quietest site I think I've ever been to, toilet blocks immaculate, pools were nice and not too busy (although weather wasn't brilliant, so sure that helped); otter family in the river if you know where to look - we sat by the riverside with our wine/hot choc in the eve and watched them :-)
Canoeing was fun, and we did the high ropes too which were good. Segway looked a laugh, but we didn't get to it. The petting zoo is small! Take/buy badminton/tennis stuff, and also a rod as you can fish the river - there was some massive fish jumping in the eve - we hadn't clocked the facilities for this before we left!

Less goods:
It is very isolated/in the middle of nowhere, so only options for bar/restaurant are the site ones. There is a takeaway which is OK, but we didn't bother with the on-site restaurant as the menu wasn't inspiring
The coast is maybe 20 mins away - some nice beaches/resorts, quiet.

General points
The site was very much dominated by Dutch holiday makers - who are lovely - but do mean that the place doesn't feel very french - I was mostly greeted Dutch for example!
No idea what the entertainment/kids clubs were like - we didn't bother with them

HTH - feel free to ask anything else :-)

deepdarkwood Sun 21-Aug-16 16:01:42

(I was camping, not in the caravans)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now