Just so festival camping

(7 Posts)
Suea76 Mon 08-Aug-16 13:34:52

Good morning all,
My OH and LB 2yrs are attending the just so festival in a few weeks, have any if you been or have any advice on camping with a toddler with no electricity hook up? Probably worrying over nothing as I do have a tendency to do so.
General hints and tips very welcome
Thanks in advance

bombayflambe Mon 08-Aug-16 13:40:17

Never been to Just so but seasoned festival family camper here.
As long as there are toddler snacks, water and a comfortable/warm bed available they will have a blast!
I've just looked at the Just So website and it looks great fun for families with small children, plus there is even a kit list in the beginners guide section under Information.
Nap in the afternoon, fleece jumper for the cooler evening would be my advice.

Suea76 Mon 08-Aug-16 13:53:27

Thanks for reply, I've read through all that but am still quite nervous, I'm sure it will be great and I'm just over thinking!!

Onedaftmonkey Wed 10-Aug-16 09:24:03

We've done beautiful days ever since ds was 4 months old. My advice is plenty of layers. Changes of clothes. Snacks like raisens, crackers, Apple's act. Make a small packed lunch before you head out for the day so it'll eliminate the first "no mummy I don't want goat curry/ falafal/ramin noodles ect. Get your dc a flashlight and make sure it lives with them. A bucket toilet is a must no one wants to visit the overfilled turdis at 3 am. Easy cook meals like pasta always the best. Lots of small lantern for the tent even solar Fairy lights if you have room. and most important WTERPROOFS for every one. Hot water bottles as well for cold night's. Sorry it's been a but garbled but I'm writing as I remember. Good luck. X

aleshaparks Mon 15-Aug-16 22:36:27

I am attending Just so festival with my 4 and 3 year old girls. Really excited, but recently discovered on a recent camping trip that the new tent purchased does not fit 3 in one room which means I potentially will need to sleep in the other room with a metre width porch separating us. I have been told to peg the exit down so they can not escape but I still feel a bit unsure about whether this is safe. Any suggestion, do many people camp with there young children in another compartment ?.

wejammin Thu 18-Aug-16 19:53:41

We did just so last year and going again this year. It's wonderful. It looks like it will be wet so lots and lots of layers!

Blu Thu 18-Aug-16 20:07:59

What are you nervous of?
Take lots of wipes. Incl anti-bacterial hand cleaning wipes in small packs to keep in your pocket.
And portable non-melting, non-sticky snacks - cereal bars, Baby Bels, short breadsticks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now