Family sized pop up tent?

(12 Posts)
OneTwoOneTwoThreeFour Mon 01-Aug-16 19:22:13

Does anyone have a good one? Doesn't need to be too big, but I would like a porch.

Don't need to be able to stand up.

fuckyoucanceryoucuntingknob Mon 01-Aug-16 19:22:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chipmonkey Mon 01-Aug-16 22:56:20

They have stopped making them but you can still get second hand Quechua 2 seconds family 4.2. Standing room in the centre and a bedroom either side.

FrozenAteMyDaughter Tue 02-Aug-16 12:43:07

I would second chipmonkey's recommendation of the Quechua family seconds range. The 4.2XL is the biggest and is a great tent (a few of them on ebay at the moment). There is also the family 4.2 which is a bit smaller but a similar vis a vis arrangement to the XL. Also you might consider the 4.1 which comes up on ebay too (again a couple on there now). That has only one bedroom, however, which sleeps 4, and then a porch/living area in front. We also have that tent and it is a good one but two bedrooms can be handy.

All these have standing room - Quechua also did one which was lower in height but could fit a small family maybe - here's a link to one on ebay: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quechua-2-2-Seconds-IIII-XXL-4-Berth-Person-Man-Pop-Up-Popup-Tent-/112074422427?hash=item1a1827f89b:g:wb8AAOSw-YVXmdQi

Good luck!

Fourarmsv2 Tue 02-Aug-16 13:27:26

I have a 4.2 that I love. Wish they'd do them again sad

Anchovies12 Thu 04-Aug-16 10:55:41

Would definitely recommend the 4.2 XL. There are five of us and I am a bit heart broken now ds1 is 12 (but taller than me!) and wont squash in the second bedroom with the other two! We have various other tents but invariably take this one for the fact we can be pitched and drinking wine within 10 minutes flat.

FrozenAteMyDaughter Thu 04-Aug-16 11:14:56

Time for a (pop up, obv) pup tent, Anchovies. Preserve the 10 minute pitching time at all costs!

Anchovies12 Thu 04-Aug-16 20:00:52

I was wondering about this Frozen! The site we are going to this weekend allows a pup tent but the only other pop up we have is this one too big do you think?

FrozenAteMyDaughter Thu 04-Aug-16 21:53:39

Looks fine to me. It says its a 2 man tent. I would have thought that would be classed as a pup tent. I would take it.

Jaynebxl Fri 05-Aug-16 21:17:12

We have the 4.2 xl too and love it. Can't believe they've stopped making them. Are they doing an alternative?

VeganCow Sat 06-Aug-16 14:32:01

Jaynebxl, this is the alternative. 4 of us went camping last week. We all bought a 2 seconds xl air 3 each. it fits a double air bed with space at side to get dressed and put the clothes/dog bed. Together with the base seconds shelter, it was perfect. The base seconds fits a table and several chairs- we got 4 in but 5/6 would fit.

OneTwoOneTwoThreeFour Sat 06-Aug-16 19:49:04

Thanks all. That last one is really just a living room tent; we have that and it has no fly sheet and is too cold to sleep in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now