Is an inflatable tent worth it? Vango Avington or Capri 600

(11 Posts)
2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Mon 25-Jul-16 16:15:03

We're watching the sales and currently there are good deals on the tent with poles, the Avingdon 600 but no deals and £300 more to buy the inflatable version, the Capri 600xl.
Is it worth that much more money? How much quicker to put up is the airbeam, do you think?
The £250 for the poled one seems such a good deal, but if it's really quicker I'll wait and hope for an offer on the airbeam...

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 25-Jul-16 16:23:33

I don't know about the Avingdon but my brother has a 6 berth vango tunnel tent and I have to say it's hard work putting it up. Last time they came camping it was quite windy and DB and dsil said there is no way they would have got it pitched without help from me.

Dizzybintess Mon 25-Jul-16 16:27:08

We have just bought this one it's awesome. It has a blacked out sleeping area
www.obicampingandleisure.co.uk/outdoor-revolution-inspiral-5-0-new-for-2016/

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Mon 25-Jul-16 16:54:25

That's looks great. Just one tube to pump up!
Does the bedroom divider zip or toggle in, do you know?

Dizzybintess Tue 26-Jul-16 09:10:27

We have not pitched it yet but will be going to obi on Wednesday and they have one pitched so will check.
It feels like an extremely well made tent. I am a guide leader so love me some tentage!

Dizzybintess Tue 26-Jul-16 09:12:18

I liked the blacked out bedroom for our 5 year old and the one enter pump system they are a British company too And thought of highly by campers

learnermummy Tue 26-Jul-16 09:14:31

We have an 8 man inflatable vango and it's brilliant. Goes up super quick and my kids help doing the pumping up. They could never really help much when we had a pole version.

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Tue 26-Jul-16 09:41:06

Fab info, very handy. I'd love an inflatable, really, as hate faffing with poles. Really I'd like a fold out in 5 mins trailer tent, but that's not going to happen...

marmiteloversunite Wed 27-Jul-16 12:24:47

We have the Berghaus 6 man air tent. It is great. Easy to put up and take down. I am new to camping and found it easy on the second try! smile

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Wed 27-Jul-16 20:09:08

Thanks marmite. I'll have a look at that one.

marmiteloversunite Wed 27-Jul-16 21:33:48

2 little monkeys I managed to get 15% off with millets as a new customer. There is a trick to putting it up so let me know if you get one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now