First time camping with DD

(4 Posts)
Gingernut81 Sun 17-Jul-16 22:44:56

We're going camping with DD who is 10 months this weekend & just wondered if anyone has any tips?

We've no room for travel cot in our tent so she's sleeping with us on camping mats. What should I dress her in at night? I was thinking long sleeved vest, baby gro & 2.5tog sleeping bag.

Permanentlyexhausted Sun 17-Jul-16 22:54:11

Could you get a grobag for her? That's what we used for DD when she was little and we went camping.

Gingernut81 Mon 18-Jul-16 04:56:43

Sorry, that's what we've got. Glad to hear it works though!

shouldwestayorshouldwego Mon 18-Jul-16 07:00:23

It all depends where you are sleeping. In colder climates we also put gloves on them as their little hands would get really cold at night, but they were 5/6 months so at 10 months might be easier.

We also took bouncy chair / portable highchair - a bit of a luxury but when they have been in a car seat for a while then you want to get them out, but need to contain them while putting a tent up/ cooking etc. Fortunately ours were lazy little babies and not crawling at that stage so easy to contain.

Bird seed is useful too for free entertainment. Wild rabbits still captivate them and one is almost off to secondary school tbh I quite like a wild rabbit or two as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now