Recommended campsites East Anglia.

(17 Posts)
sammum9 Fri 08-Jul-16 22:31:02

DC and I love camping. DP doesn't, which is fine cos I'm happy to take the kids away while he's working ;) . We prefer simple sites - as long as there's a clean loo and shower block and somewhere to freeze ice-packs we're happy. If we're allowed campfires and/or barbeques we're happier still. We live near Cambridge so any suggestions within a couple of hours drive are welcome. Thanks all!

roseteapot101 Fri 08-Jul-16 22:40:00

i live in north hertfordshire i like to go to great yarmouth thats nice or weymouth.We are camping in cornwall this year,theres a really helpful facebook group called under canvas

sammum9 Fri 08-Jul-16 22:48:05

Hadn't thought of facebook - thanks! We had a couple of holidays near Yarmouth when the kids were little, but not camping. Do you know of any sites?

krisskross Fri 08-Jul-16 22:51:16

Clippesby hall in Norfolk is brilliant. Not cheap but great site

CremeBrulee Fri 08-Jul-16 22:55:00

Forest Camping near Rendiesham in Suffolk (near Sutton Hoo) is very good. Good campsites and facilities plus an amazing B52 themed climbing frame in the forest nearby. DH takes the kids there for a week most summers.

http://www.forestcamping.co.uk

elspethmcgillicuddy Fri 08-Jul-16 22:56:00

Sandringham camping and caravanning club site is great. Relatively near a beach. Quite a lot to do in the local area.

elspethmcgillicuddy Fri 08-Jul-16 22:56:46

Ooh yes we have been to Rendlesham too and it was great.

AppleMagic Fri 08-Jul-16 23:00:07

Breck Farm in North Norfolk (near Sheringham) ticks all those boxes.

sammum9 Fri 08-Jul-16 23:07:22

Looking forward to looking these up over the weekend - thank you!

roseteapot101 Fri 08-Jul-16 23:16:42

Clippesby hall i heard good things but apparently theres allot of peacocks

krisskross Sat 09-Jul-16 08:12:04

Yes to be fair those peacocks are noisy

YellowPrimula Sat 09-Jul-16 08:22:01

Orchard Campsite at Wickham Market is meant to be lovely, also close to Woodbridge , Aldeburgh and Rendlesham Forest

YellowPrimula Sat 09-Jul-16 08:24:23

They also allow campfires I think

Grassgreendashhabi Sat 09-Jul-16 08:24:29

Waldegraves on Mersea island is good fun

CatherineDeB Sat 09-Jul-16 08:39:49

Mine are Wardley Hill, campfires, woods, a stream, massive field but they only allow 30 tents max. Composting toilets and solar shower and nothing else. Near the Broads.

Other favourite is Scaldbeck Cottage at Morston on the north coast. Only takes 4 or 5 tents (12 people max from memory) so you have to book. One shower/look combined at the house which is a B&B. They might freeze ice packs, I have never asked as we only go for weekends. Campfires and if the campers want, a big communal campfire - we have made proper friends at SC, people we still see two years on.

Hassled Sat 09-Jul-16 08:49:07

Friends go to Waxham Sands and rave about it.

sammum9 Sat 09-Jul-16 22:46:14

Enjoying searching! So far, although Clippersby looks lovely, it's just too expensive. Just spent ages looking at Rendlesham - looks good and they have the dates I want available... but still looking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now