pyrenees campsite recommendation please

(7 Posts)
whydidhesaythat Thu 23-Jun-16 19:22:05

We are, as usual, quite late booking our accommodation in France. We've chosen w/c 13th August - couldn't be worse!

Anyway, DS1 has announced he doesn't like heat so I was thinking go high to the Pyrenees. I wondered if anyone could recommend/comment.

It seems a bit cheaper/less booked up than down near the sea....

DS2 wants to go into Spain (mainly in order to say he's done it I think)

OnlyHereForTheCamping Thu 23-Jun-16 20:15:47

Campsites in Pyrenees tend towards the more basic. Less pools etc but I love camping there.

This is my fav. It has changed hands I think but gorgeous location. http://www.lemontagnou.com/emplacements-camping-seix.html

ivykaty44 Thu 23-Jun-16 20:19:25

I stayed many years ago in Hecho

It was wonderful, basic camp pretty village and we stayed just a few days before moving on - moved on till St malo and then home.

Why do you book? I don't unless going to vendee

whydidhesaythat Thu 23-Jun-16 22:02:50

"Why do you book? I don't unless going to vendee...."

that's the best thing anyone has said to me all week!
even in August, do you think?

whydidhesaythat Thu 23-Jun-16 22:05:20

Ooh that link looks nice....

Maddaddam Thu 23-Jun-16 22:16:28

We stayed in Anso a couple of years ago:
www.greatlittlecampsites.co.uk/spain/aragon/huesca/anso/camping-valle-de-anso-120836/

It was great for us. Simple but a small friendly bar, and by a large municipal swimming pool we had access to.
It's near the Hecho one already mentioned which was similar.

They are quite remote places, good for walking and outdoor activities, not at all like the big holiday parks on the coast.

whydidhesaythat Sat 25-Jun-16 15:44:47

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now