Camping in the Dordogne

(9 Posts)
emski1972 Mon 20-Jun-16 20:41:27

I'm thinking this one as its lakeside with a little beach and a short drive from Sarlat. I'm taking my mum and 2 kids so going for a chalet lodge affair...Anyone been and have any tips/thoughts or other sites to suggest?

en.soleilplage.fr/?utm_source=coolcamping&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=coolcamping

Hobbitfeet32 Mon 20-Jun-16 20:49:04

I actually stayed at this campsite in 2013 with my almost 2 year old at the time. We went with Eurocamp. It was one of our best holidays. The site is good, suited my toddler. It was quite quiet but we were there in September. Loved the area though. Absolutely loads to do and see. Would recommend it. We flew to Bergerac and hired a car.

emski1972 Mon 20-Jun-16 21:00:24

Thanks Hobbitfeet!

millimat Mon 20-Jun-16 22:22:54

When are you thinking of going? We stayed at the wonderful les Valades further along. One day we canoes ask the way down the Dordogne river and saw the site from the river. The beach area was much smaller than I expected- that had been other first choice but it was fully booked- worth knowing if that's important to you.
Overall it's a beautiful area, but much busier than I had anticipated in August.

emski1972 Tue 21-Jun-16 11:11:02

Hi Millimat we are going last week of August - staying near Bordeaux in a villa with friends and thought I would stay on an extra week. Will take a look at Les Valades. Thanks!

samlovesdilys Tue 21-Jun-16 21:54:42

Have a look at Les Paradis on the Vezere river, just off the dordogne. Best site ever with littlies!!

Milliways Tue 21-Jun-16 22:52:50

We loved Camping Le Port du Limeuil, on the confluence of the Dordogne with the Vezere. We barbequed on the beach and floated down the river (the current is safe but flows enough for the kids to ride downriver on inflatables, or just paddle at edges) took a canoe trip and generally lazed around. If you get a riverside pitch they are amazing.

BlueGazebo Wed 22-Jun-16 06:57:57

Also have a look at La Bouysse which is right nextdoor to Soliel Plage. They have wooden lodges.

emski1972 Wed 22-Jun-16 10:07:55

Thanks Everyone
Port du Limeuil looks fab. I liked Les Paradis but the river appeals!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now