I need a single airbed that lasts more than 1 season

(13 Posts)
ihatethecold Sun 19-Jun-16 10:21:41

Fed up of them going down during the night but i dont want to spend £££ as we only go for a short trip twice a year.

Blu Mon 20-Jun-16 13:30:19

What happens to them? Do they get punctured?

You know what everyone will say: get a single SIM from Aldi or Lidle.... (and many other places that do good value SIMs).

deepdarkwood Mon 20-Jun-16 13:32:04

Yup - SIM - they are soon much better than blow up beds!

ihatethecold Mon 20-Jun-16 17:59:36

They are too expensive.
I have looked at them before.
We only go 3 nights a year.

RoryGilmore Mon 20-Jun-16 18:00:47

The Quechua ones from Decathlon are really good. Cheap, very good

RoryGilmore Mon 20-Jun-16 18:04:13

www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-air-basic-inflatable-camping-airbed-70-cm-id_8355643.html

These.

I don't get the big deal with sims. They're bulky and expensive and I don't think as good as a decent airbed

Naoko Mon 20-Jun-16 18:04:34

Depending on what kind of SIM you get and where from they're really not more expensive than airbeds. The Aldi and Lidl ones are usually somewhere between £12 and £15 if I recall correctly, when they get them in. They're single size 5cm thick and they are great. I also bought a 10cm thick one on Amazon last year because I need more padding under me and that cost me £27. Admittedly slightly more expensive in that case than an airbed from Tesco but it's been amazing, would never go back.

Blu Mon 20-Jun-16 19:45:36

Our SIMS were v cheap (though Aldi and Lidl only stock them in the one camping week), £12 these days I think, and are at least 5 years old.

But whether you find them as comfortable as a blow-up is very much down to personal taste. I don't like blow-ups at all.

Is it for you, or a child?

ihatethecold Mon 20-Jun-16 20:12:22

It's for my 13 year old.

Andbabymakesthree Mon 20-Jun-16 20:15:01

Aldi has camping equipment in from thurs. I'd just get one of their SIMs.

Had ours for years.

ihatethecold Mon 20-Jun-16 20:46:39

We are going on Friday and I'm working all day Thursday. Aldi is a good 10 miles away.
Might ask dh if he'll pop there

RoryGilmore Mon 20-Jun-16 22:48:22

I haven't seen any SIMs coming up at Aldi or Lidl. They've both got camping week (lidl from today, aldi from Thursday. I think) but no SIMs on the websites.

Silverstreaks Wed 29-Jun-16 21:37:26

SIMs last well and are so much warmer and comfier than inflatables. Blow ups are a false economy.
Costco often have them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now