tents!!

(8 Posts)
dannyboyle Sat 11-Jun-16 18:37:32

Normal vango tent broken on us and while mendable, we think we have decided to trade in and buy an inflatable one (mainly as we were fighting with our broken one we watched a family easily and happily pumping their own airbeam up)!

So which. Needed for 2 adults/2 children, but really need three bedrooms. Read various reviews but want real world info please??

Are out wells really worth the money or is vango inspire type ok. Any other makes?? I really want one that will last, that we won't need to replace in 2 years time and that we will have confidence in.

Many thanks for any real life comments.....

Yellowiceytek Sat 11-Jun-16 21:33:09

Edoras
I have the 500 of this tent, and it's great! It's the slightly better spec of the polyester airbeams, comes with fly nets on the doors, zipped curtains and pelmet and pockets on the sleeping pods, better HH too.
I have the awning also, which is a great added space. The Edoras allows 70cm per person in the sleeping pods, so my 5 person tent has the same room as some of their 6 person tents. I love the open porch area on the Edoras, that's what sold it to me, great space to cook and sit. The awning was a competition win, not something I had planned to have, but love It, it gives an extra 2m45cm. Great space on a rainy day (3 kids to keep happy )
I'm on my 4th tent all have been Vango, each time a little bigger as we have changed the way we camp!
The thing I love the most about my new tent is how easy it was to get up, and down again. I get the kids to roll a long the tent to push the air out!

almostthirty Sat 11-Jun-16 21:36:04

We have a vango air beam and it's brilliant. 15min to put up and really easy to put down and it fits back into the bag!
We have had it 6 months and have been away twice I it. ( new to camping with 2 dc). We are going to get an electric pump, not for pumping up but for getting all of the air out as this can be hard work.

dannyboyle Sat 11-Jun-16 22:43:58

Almost, which one do you have please?

dannyboyle Sat 11-Jun-16 22:48:04

Thank you Yellow. Like the tent, just can't get beyond the colour which I really don't like. May go and take a proper look!

Yellowiceytek Sun 12-Jun-16 15:02:48

Ha! Danny it's the colour I love :-) If you can go see the tents somewhere it is really useful, I was very undersided until I saw it in real life.
Almost, I was reading today on the Vango owners club Facebook page that deflating the beams with the pump can twist them! Don't know how true that is?

Yellowiceytek Sun 12-Jun-16 15:06:07

* undecided (dam you autocorrect)

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 12-Jun-16 15:22:57

We have a Kampa Hayling and are very pleased with it. It is now in it second year and is still ok.

We find the big pump that comes with it good for tent & airbed.

However, the 'bedrooms' aren't big enough for 4 airbeds. 3 of us sleep in the bedroom (without the divider) and 1 in main 'living area'.

www.pjoutdoors.co.uk/kampa-hayling-4-air-tent/p1086

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now