Good sites to west of London?

(6 Posts)
TryingtobePrepared Fri 10-Jun-16 20:51:36

Going camping in august and there'll be people coming from SE london, Surrey /west sussex and Hertfordshire. Kids will be toddlers to teens we'd like a pub in walking distance please can I have your suggestions? Thanks

LifeIsGoodish Sun 12-Jun-16 20:46:35

Hurley Riverside is nice (camping fields with hedges between the car-routes, clean hot showers) and within walking distance of a nice pub.

Though TBH I haven't been in 3-4y, but friends say it is still nice.

TryingtobePrepared Wed 15-Jun-16 22:19:46

Thank you it looks great! Now just got to persuade the other 6 adults ..........

Milliways Thu 16-Jun-16 23:44:33

We also like Hurley., but for ease of walking to places we love Swiss Farm at Henley. You have the lovely Helnley on Thames with all the pubs and restaurants, ice cream, the river etc. The site has its own lake, a good playground and a small pool. The tent field is lovely.

For cheap and simple, with lovely pub up the road, we love White !Mark Farm at Watlington, but no playground etc, it's next to the ridgeway and Christmas Common.

Blu Sat 18-Jun-16 12:40:24

I've always wanted to try Britchcombe Farm.

Milliways Sat 18-Jun-16 20:28:07

Britchcombe is lovely, but a walk to the 2-3 loos at the farmhouse or just use the Portaloos. Also, not hot water apart from the 2 sinks at farmhouse, right outside the loos!

We have not been for a few years now, apart from stopping off recently for a cream tea that they do stupendously, but went many times and had great fun with large groups. Camp fires are almost compulsory and the walks around are beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now