camping around rhone valley

(5 Posts)
goodenoughal Wed 20-Apr-16 10:51:38

Hello. We're looking to have a couple of weeks in the south of France, preferably around the Rhone Valley/Provence in July/August.

We've had a look at Huttopia Sud Ardeche which looks lovely but there aren't many reviews to judge it on. I've also looked at Milles Etoiles and Le Clapas but these both have mixed reviews (as I'm sure most sites do).

We're looking for somewhere nature-y, not big resort-y, but with things to do (walks, bike rides, towns to visit) in the surrounding area. There are three of us, me, DP and 5 year old DD.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

goodenoughal Wed 20-Apr-16 14:49:05

Anyone? smile

goodenoughal Sat 23-Apr-16 11:42:58

A hopeful bump...

Lotsofcamping Sat 23-Apr-16 21:58:37

Hi, we've stayed in Annecy a few times and also further into the Alps and near lac du bourget. Is that the area you were thinking of? Have you posted the question on ukcampsite as they are always helpful.

AnnPerkins Tue 26-Apr-16 07:06:38

I love both regions but haven't camped there much. We spent a week at Domaine des Sources, easy walking distance from Gordes which was great. The owner is a professional jazz guitarist and there's live music at weekends. There are loads of lovely places to visit in the area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now