Campsite like les Valades!?

(8 Posts)
DreadfulSpiller Sat 16-Apr-16 09:40:28

Hi, we stayed at les Valades last year and have booked this year for 6 nights as that's all they have available in our time frame. Can anyone recommend anywhere else (les mathesvies is also booked up). I've trawled and trawled the Internet ... Any help much appreciated! Happy to do another long ish drive to get to another region if necessary. Many thanks!

jobnockey Sat 16-Apr-16 12:36:43

Hiya, we stayed in les vala des in 2014 (after recommendation on here!) and loved it too. Last year we went further south for a wedding and stayed www.camping-universal.com/en/camping.php which was not quite the same as les vala des but definitely close enough... Beautiful riverside location, nice enough pool, lots to do nearby and understated 'entertainment' on site... Suited us perfectly. It's definitely a bit more of a drive though!
I booked a night in the tree house as a surprise for the last day and it was brilliant fun... There weren't many other English families but DS Made friends with some French, Dutch and German kids with no problems at all and came back wanting to learn how to speak german!

jobnockey Sat 16-Apr-16 12:38:20

Ps. I also spent several hours trawling the Internet last year.. It's hard to find sites that aren't holiday camp-ish in France isn't it?

DreadfulSpiller Sat 16-Apr-16 14:03:34

Oh thanks v much. ill look that up, sounds just the ticket. I know, we've done euro camp type
Things a few times and have just come to the realisation that were really not after that kind of vibe. I've trawled the cool camping site even and still can't find anything that suits us! Thought cosycamp looked great then got put off by lots of reviewers talking about a lot of flies!!

profpoopsnagle Sat 16-Apr-16 20:21:51

LV have this creditation and I have trawled a bit through this campsite search website. Once you find an area, you can add further search criteria like lakes etc. LIke you, I like LV very much but it would be good to go to a different area.

In Blind date style, can you come back and tell us how LV was with the new pool etc? Thinking about returning next year.

DreadfulSpiller Sat 16-Apr-16 20:30:57

Thanks. Will take a look. LV is just great isn't it? So much about it I like. <jobnockey> thanks for link, looks v promising for future yrs, but with a 3 and 8 yr old and one stop over already I think it's a bit far (blimmin' Pre schoolers ...).
Will def report back, had 'mixed' weather last yr, so covered pool
May well be v welcome ;) I'm the same though, have been to that area quite a lot and fancy a change. The expected And known though is v attractive with the randomness of the little one!

profpoopsnagle Sat 16-Apr-16 20:56:00

The ACSI site also has a very detailed search facility.

jobnockey Tue 19-Apr-16 13:26:50

I've just remembered about this place www.basmeygnaud.fr/en/ which I bookmarked last year... this is quite close to Les valades I think...

it's on the cool camping website however so may well be booked up...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now