Ile de Re

(10 Posts)
hollingbury Sat 02-Jan-16 18:36:47

Thinking of going to Ile de Ray for summer holidays. Two families. Two kids around 4/5.

Any recommendations for either family friendly/fun hotels or campsites? With campsites, would love kids stuff going on but don't like campsites which are too big and overwhelming.
TIA

Palomb Sat 02-Jan-16 18:45:49

I went with my mum and my kids during May half term last year. The island itself if really lovely, fabulous beaches, beautiful scenery and just about drivable in a day. It wasn't very busy at the end of may but I understand it gets absolutly heaving in high season. We stayed with canvas on Camping Sunelia and thought it was a fab site with shit washblocks no a ridiculous pool. I understand the washblocks are being changed for this season and you wouldn't need the pool in the summer really, the beach next door is wonderful.

I've just had a look on the canvas site and I'm not sure they are going there this year.

reallyneedmoresleep Sun 03-Jan-16 20:35:58

Ile de Re is gorgeous but the campsites are all quite crowded from what I could see. Stayed at Sunelia last year and agree about the washblocks and pool. Great location though. This year we are staying at Camping Le Remondeau which seems to have a good location and decent reviews

badger21 Mon 04-Jan-16 12:05:22

We've been couple of times during summer school holidays. We stayed at La Grainetiere both times - you do have to book in advance. Although it was busy, it wasn't busy like the Riviera or main med beaches.

La Grainetiere was one of the cheaper campsites, and smaller than a lot, but still had a nice pool and bar. A bit of road noise, and a busy road to cross to walk into La Flotte (or get onto the main cycle tracks), but that was the only downside for us. Will go back one day - but Corsica again for us this summer.

Asheth Mon 04-Jan-16 15:46:12

We camped at Les Grennettes a few years ago. Amazing pool - the DC spent hours there! It's a few minutes walk from a huge sandy beach that was virtually empty in August! There were some organised activities but we didn't do any. Boules pitch, tennis court, playgrounds and cycle hire on site.

My only criticism was that it needed more toilet blocks, although the ones they had were all very clean.

hollingbury Mon 04-Jan-16 21:12:27

Thanks all. I've never been. Which bit of the island is the best? La Flotte? Le Bois en plage? Sons aged 4 and 5. x

hollingbury Mon 04-Jan-16 21:19:55

Asheth - where abouts on the island is it? I can't tell from the site.

Tollygunge Mon 04-Jan-16 21:22:59

I love ile de re. Been a few times in August. Feels crowded but fine. The whole island is gorgeous. Enjoy and say hi to the shaggy donkeys for me smile

Tollygunge Mon 04-Jan-16 21:23:20

We stay Bois en plage btw

hollingbury Tue 05-Jan-16 19:57:28

Where do you stay Tollygunge?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now