Petrol cost travelling across France!

(4 Posts)
Queenofkids88 Sun 28-Jun-15 11:20:55

Hi all!

We are off to France at the end of July and I just wanted to know roughly how much its gonna cost in petrol!

I'm not sure how much our car does miles per gallon but if anyone has previous experience on how much they spent on petrol when driving through France it would great for some advice etc!!

We are going from Dover to the vendee ita about 650 miles

A rough estimate on how much its gonna cost would be great so I can start saving ha!

Thanks

getyourgeekon Sun 28-Jun-15 12:13:22

What MPG (roughly) does your car do?

We did SW UK - Bordeaux return recently but have a diesel camper - it wasn't expensive, think we spent under £80 each way! I'm not sure how diesel compares with petrol in France, but generally fuel costs are quite low at the moment.

ForSaleChesterDraws Sun 28-Jun-15 14:52:35

If you look at the Michelin website it has a route planner. You put in the group of car you are driving and it gives you a rough indication of the cost including tolls. It can also work out a route avoiding toll roads. We are going north west to provence in an estate and it estimates £400 including tolls.

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Sun 28-Jun-15 15:41:20

Diesel us cheaper there (it is in every other country in Europe. hmm)

chesterdraws is right, use the viaMichelin site

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now