Ds finally persuaded me to do what dh has been trying for years

(4 Posts)
balletgirlmum Sat 20-Jun-15 23:46:27

I bought a tent. The sheer enthusiasm & excitement got to me.

What the hell have I done? I like my parents caravan.

And what accessories/essentials am I now going to need to get?

HalestormRock Sun 21-Jun-15 00:17:27

Love camping so much. I would suggest that if you are on Facebook you join a group called 'Tent Talk'. Absolutely wonderful for tips, recommendations, and reviews of sites.
Emergency foil from the poundshop is my major recommendation. I had read about its merits and bought a sheet . We use an Aerobed to sleep on when camping, however last time we were freezing on first night. On second night we laid out the foil under the bottom sheet and were as warm as bugs in rugs! Also, don't be a martyr unless you really are set on Wild Camping. Get yourself an Electric Hook Up - it is such a help please don't underestimate it. To be able to have a cuppa without having to set up a stove and pan is bliss !
Sure there will be many more posts along soon too.

balletgirlmum Sun 21-Jun-15 00:30:23

Yes, I think hook up Isobel of the early things on our list.

Dh was due to camp alone in his little 1 man tent next week anyway (he's working at an event so last year camped instead of booking a hotel) so even though it will cost more in site fees he is going to take the new family tent instead to test it out. Then we eill go for a few days with ds when we travel to watch Dds school dance show instead of the travelodge.

We are used to sleeping in the caravan awning so have sleeping bags & a couple of airbeds.

balletgirlmum Sun 21-Jun-15 10:14:24

Where did Isobel come from ?????

That should have read electric hook up is one of the first things on our list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now