Campsite recommendations around Exeter (ish)

(8 Posts)
SconeCreamJam Mon 01-Jun-15 16:19:29

We are travelling between Coventry and Redruth in July with two young children and want to split the journey into two days. Approximately half way would probably be towards the end of the M5 outside of Exeter. I think. Any recommendations if a good campsite around that neck of the woods?

thobblywighs Mon 01-Jun-15 19:52:50

Crealy meadows? Site is attached to Crealy adventure park. It's a few years old now? Lovely toilets and showers. It's about 5 minutes from Exeter services.

Wolfiefan Mon 01-Jun-15 19:54:46

Ha! Came on to say Crealy. We were there at half term. Very convenient for M5!
Lovely underfloor heating in showers, play areas and "secret" gate to Crealy!!

SconeCreamJam Mon 01-Jun-15 21:46:50

Ah that looks great, thanks very much! Loving the idea of underfloor heating in the showers...

peachypips Thu 04-Jun-15 21:05:46

I live near Exeter and the river Dart country park is absolutely amazing!! Kids can play in river and loads of play areas.

jigglebum Thu 04-Jun-15 21:26:38

River Dart is fab but don't go at a weekend if you want any sleep! Seems to encourage large groups of friends to all meet up and drink and be loud till the early hours and the wardens do nothing about it. When we were there we had a fab time in the day (loads of activities to do) but when at 1am I went to ask a large group if they could be quiet as we were trying to sleep and ours would be up early (as were 2 and 5 yo) I got told to F.... off and that I was stupid to bring small kids camping! They had 10/12 year old kids still sitting up with them at that time. We have been twice and both times have encountered groups like this. We won't go again as a result.

However - if you can go mid week and not in holidays I think it would be fab!

TrousersRoastingOnAnOpenFire Thu 04-Jun-15 21:31:45

Cofton near Dawlish is very sweet and well-maintained. Great pools & food is good. About 10 mins from Jct 31 of M5.

hels71 Sat 06-Jun-15 09:58:58

We have been to cofton for the past 7 years and really enjoy it. Close to the m5 too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now