anyone got/had/seen an aldi popup gazebo?

(11 Posts)
alabasterangel Fri 24-Apr-15 14:01:36

Aldi have one on sale from next Thurs onwards. It's a popup type with two removable side panels, and is in green or beige which would be ideal as we want something which will go with out belltent.

Don't know if they are any good though - has anyone seen one or had one?

It's this one.....

www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thur-30-apr/product-detail/ps/p/gazebo-side-panels-1/

Callmecordelia Fri 24-Apr-15 14:18:48

I don't know, but Lidl have one coming up too - www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=538&ar=12

It comes in cream too.

alabasterangel Fri 24-Apr-15 14:25:20

Right then, a choice of two! I wonder if they are identical.....?

Callmecordelia Fri 24-Apr-15 14:41:16

They do look pretty similar don't they? There's loads of camping bits and pieces coming up in both.

I've got my eye on the camping table and stools in Lidl.

FrozenAteMyDaughter Sat 25-Apr-15 17:37:43

Me too callme. Looks just like the one in decathlon but £10 cheaper.

Callmecordelia Sat 25-Apr-15 20:09:31

OP, I've just spotted the Lidl gazebo has leg weights available, which makes me think it would be a better buy.

Actually I've got my eye on loads of stuff coming up.

Lidl

Knives, frying pan and saucepan. This year I won't be scrabbling around the kitchen getting what I need, I will have a kitchen box - from the 27th

Microfibre towels, Dynamo lantern, Head torches. I will not struggle to fit the towels in, and I will bring enough lights - from the 27th onwards

Extra Large Picnic Blanket, Table and chairs, Food containers, possibly picnicware. See earlier comment re kitchen box, and we will have somewhere to eat other than our laps. - from the 30th

Aldi

Lighter, Melamine picnicware, food containers. Will be able to light fire or barbecue. - From the 30th.

I haven't downloaded the apps and set reminders on my phone, oh no

GlomOfNit Wed 29-Apr-15 12:57:08

Watching with interest as I want one too!
I actually need the gazebo for craft stalls but didn't know Lidl were doing a camping 'event', so thanks for that! smile

UterusUterusGhali Thu 30-Apr-15 11:15:59

You can get a gazebo for £20 from homebase; I'm wondering if that'll be any good or not.

FrozenAteMyDaughter Thu 30-Apr-15 11:32:19

Don't forget the LIDL event is TODAY for gazebos and the table and chair sets and other odds and ends. Other camping stuff may still be in stock from Monday. ALDI and LIDL camping stuff round our way tends to disappear quick (although not as quick as school uniform from ALDI - that barely makes it to the shelves!).

Callmecordelia Fri 01-May-15 16:18:07

I have my table and stools. Also picnic rugs, food carrier, and it feels like hundreds of other items. There were stacks of the table/stool sets left in our local Lidl, but all the camping chairs had gone and there was only one tent left since I last went in on the 27th.

The gazebo looked nice, but the leg weights are massive. I don't know why I imagined them looking so dainty - they're big.

FrozenAteMyDaughter Sat 02-May-15 00:36:09

Also got a table and chairs, rug and food carrier thing. If we didn't have a million tents I would have probably bought one of those too. The table set seems pretty good. Now gutted we're not camping this weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now