Storing camping items in trailer or trailer tent.

(6 Posts)
profpoopsnagle Fri 17-Apr-15 14:04:57

What do you store in yours? Does it mean you whizz out on a Friday evening having just packed pants and breakfast?

Do you empty it over winter? What about keeping items which have a little bit of fabric (chairs etc) do they go mouldy?

Toofat2BtheFly Fri 17-Apr-15 14:18:17

Our trailor tent was kept out all winter on the drive as we have no garage .

Obvs I was dreading it as everything except bedding and t.v is kept in there , the inner bedroom tents are light fabric as are the seating cushions as well as the ground sheets .

I was thrilled to find that when we opened it last weekend everything was in perfect condition grin

Can't wait to get on the road now !

lavendersun Fri 17-Apr-15 14:32:38

During the winter we keep the canvas from our big tent in the house along with air beds, sims and sleeping bags. Everything else that could be affected by damp is in a dry barn with doors so not open to the elements at all, with the rest in the trailer. So BBQ, cooker, gas bottles, crockery, cutlery, loo, chairs, tables, kitchen stand and poles permanently in the trailer, probably something else in there too tbh but DH is in charge of that and checks the trailer every few weeks.

During camping season we keep everything apart from sleeping bags in the trailer - we just need to add food, sleeping bags and clothes.

HollyJollyDillydolly Fri 01-May-15 11:38:15

Everything other than our sims and sleeping bags are in our trailer in the garage. It's been all packed up since Aug. We're not away for another 3 weeks so hopefully it's still ok.
We just pack clothes/toiletries hook up the trailer and go smile
Well it does take some packing still as there's me, dh and 4 dcs but not too bad.

CampingClaire Fri 01-May-15 12:33:36

Ours stays packed up all year round and sits outside on our driveway. We add bedding at the end. Weirdly hubby still feels the need to completely unpack it check through everything before each and every trip though! No that he's a control freak or anything!!

HollyJollyDillydolly Fri 01-May-15 14:00:48

Im the same. I worry I've somehow left the tent poles out or something!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now