Which SIM??

(9 Posts)
Romily Wed 27-Aug-14 17:24:14

After freezing and having to come home early I have invested in some good sleeping bags and now I am going to invest in some SIMS.

Which ones are affordable and comfy? I sleep on my side and am not exactly a featherweight wink so I would like to be both warm and comfortable without breaking the bank.

Thank you!

Mylovelylovelyhorse Wed 27-Aug-14 17:32:35

Lurk

MissWimpyDimple Wed 27-Aug-14 17:33:55

How much do you want to pay and is packed size an issue? I have the Outwell Dreamcatcher 7cm and I find it warm and comfy. It was about £50. I love the look of the 10cm ones but it seems like they are either massive rolled or silly expensive (£150 shock).

TortoiseUpATreeAgain Wed 27-Aug-14 17:36:58

I love my Alpkit Dozer, but Alpkit don't make SIMs any more. You might be able to pick one up second-hand, though. It doesn't pack down as small as DH's SIM, but it's so comfortable.

Romily Wed 27-Aug-14 17:40:29

Space is not a huge issue however I have bought enthusiastically for camping and would not like to go wild.

Price as well is something I would like to keep as low as possible as I seem to have spent quite a bit blush

TortoiseUpATreeAgain Wed 27-Aug-14 17:55:34
SalomeD Wed 27-Aug-14 19:59:44

Go for as thick as your budget allows. We have Vango & Multimat - the lstter rolls up smaller and more easily

MinimalistMommi Thu 28-Aug-14 18:48:28

I've got an Exped Megamat 10 XL and it's more comfortable than my bed, it was heaven to sleep on. I can't wait for camping trips now LOL as I know I will have a lovely and warm nights sleep. It's a cross between a SIM and an airbed.

droogie Thu 28-Aug-14 19:47:24

We got these from Costco online (you just pay a few pounds extra if you're not a member). Great for the price and very comfy. They get good feedback on the ukcampsite forum

www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_5,cos_5.4,cos_5.4.2/149330

We're hoping they'll last a few years and we can decide whether to pay more or not next time (when it's not the same year as buying a new tent, roofbox and Icey Tek grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now