We bought lightweight 2 person tents for family wild camping, and I can report back on Quechua quickhiker ultralight II, Zephyros 2 and Vango Banshee 200

(6 Posts)
QuintessentiallyQS Wed 27-Aug-14 14:28:01

We bought the Vango Banshee 200 for the kids. It is light weight and easy to pitch, and our 12 year old had no problems pitching. Once pitched, it was also really easy to pick up and move! (dont ask) It is 2.2kg, so quite heavy for a 2 person tent, but it has a water thingy at 5000 m s, and that was important.

For dh and I we got the QUECHUA QuickHiker Ultralight II which is only 1.97 kg so very light weight, however, more breathable and only 2000 m s for rain. I was concerned that a grey tent would soak up the midnight sun and become unbearably warm, but I need not have worried, it was well ventilated, and so light it was more like ash coloured in the sun, so fairly light.

However, the sun went below the horizon, and we sun had the full moon giving us light. smile

We got my cousin the Wild Country Zephyros for her and her dd, and it was also brilliant, and pitched quickly.

We all loved our tents.

yellowdinosauragain Sat 30-Aug-14 23:06:01

Sounds fab!

What other kit do you have? I'm trying to decide on stove and pans for similar type trips...

I've got a kelty trailogic tent which looks fab set up in my living room but I've not tested it properly yet....

yellowdinosauragain Sat 30-Aug-14 23:12:49
QuintessentiallyQS Sun 31-Aug-14 11:12:01

That is one fine tent....

To be honest, I did look at that, but we wanted something more budget! grin

We dont have much kit. We travel very light. We have one pot for cooking, and sometimes bring a coffee pot! Matches, a good knife, and some really good lightweight bbq skewers that retract into the handle

Lightweight 3 season sleeping bags, and some eurohike airbeds - because we are wusses! grin Need a confortable sleep. Thats really all we carry, aside from food.

yellowdinosauragain Sun 31-Aug-14 21:11:40

I got it for £99 on amazing which made me happy. Couldn't have afforded full price... Like the skewers!

yellowdinosauragain Sun 31-Aug-14 21:12:17

Amazon not amazing thanks dyac...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now