where should we go?

(4 Posts)
AppleSnapple Sat 09-Aug-14 22:46:04

hi all
we have unexpectedly found ourselves with a couple of days off next week and we figure we won't get anywhere to stay so we're contemplating borrowing a tent and going camping, having never camped as a family before! dh and i have camped pre-dc but now have a 4 yr old and 1.5 yr old...
anyway we're in gloucestershire and would like to venture a couple of hours from here so was looking for suggestions, somewhere with something to do with the dc, maybe wales, or north devon... and any ideas or suggestions for complete family camping novices??

Cheeky76890 Sat 09-Aug-14 22:52:26

Gower? Three cliffs bay is the well known one but actually there's a stunning one almost on the beach further along. White sands.

Lime Regis fossil hunting. Nice town

Peak District

Cheeky76890 Sat 09-Aug-14 22:53:33

Or the Black Forest and go to paultons park which I'm told has peppa pig world

AppleSnapple Mon 11-Aug-14 11:39:43

PPW is indeed awesome!!
Think we might go to the gower, thanks for the tip.

So, we've borrowed a tent, we have mats/sleeping bags/travel cot/inflatable bed for the boys... And a torch! Any other essentials required?? We don't have a stove etc so will look for a campsite w cooking facities, but just wondering if I'm overlooking any big essentials!

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now