Box wine worthy of icey tek

(14 Posts)
Selvedge Mon 16-Jun-14 23:42:02

Taking my new Icey tek camping on Thursday. I am seeking your recommendations for a suitably classy box wine to put in it!

White obviously, I like sauv blanc/pinot grigio.

Have been trying stuff that is available in smaller quantities before I commit myself to 3 bottles worth. Fern Bay from Tesco was only good for chips, Sainsburys pinot was slightly better. If only Tiger Horse came in a bag!

I need your help, time is running out!

yellowdinosauragain Tue 17-Jun-14 07:45:04

Asda pinot grigio was ok. But then my standards aren't very high. Cold and dry and that will do!

Pootlingalong Tue 17-Jun-14 07:57:18

Just don't do what I did thinking I was clever and freeze it. It did keep the Icey trek lovely and cold but there was yucky sediment in the bottom of each glass

yellowdinosauragain Tue 17-Jun-14 08:48:53

I've frozen it and it worked fine!

Selvedge Tue 17-Jun-14 09:08:05

I read some reviews last night and the Sainsburys house pinot got the most stars. I know it comes in bottles too so I will get one to try tonight (purely for research mind). I may compromise and partially freeze it. Pinot slush anyone wine?

CharmQuark Tue 17-Jun-14 10:08:13

I have accidentally partially frozen bottles Sainsbury's pinot and it survived the experience - in fact it was ideal for very hot days. I have not yet tried semi-freezing a wine box.

yellowdinosauragain Tue 17-Jun-14 12:21:00

The only problem I've found with freezing a wine box is that the iceytek is so bloody good that it doesn't defrost in time!

Selvedge Tue 17-Jun-14 13:07:21

Yes Yellow I do want to drink it!

Selvedge Wed 18-Jun-14 00:24:01

Sod it. Tiger Horse is on special offer. I'm just going to buy bottles and will store them lying down. Will continue searching boxes for future trips. And look forward to when DS is old enough to tolerate the long drive to France for the good stuff!

Selvedge Wed 18-Jun-14 00:25:19

GOAL!

Sorry, wrong place but right time!

beckym8678 Wed 25-Jun-14 12:44:14

Love it. Only on mumsnet would this conversation exist (and that's not a sarky love it, as I'm seriously considering an Icey-tek right now). Off to other Icey-tek thread to see if anyone can help with size now...

Trampampoline Wed 25-Jun-14 21:29:11

Hey, you lot are EXACTLY who I'm looking for!

I was just about to start a thread asking which size icey-tek do I need to fit enough wine in? grin

So, <counts on fingers> we'll need it to fit about 6 bottled of wine, or two boxes I guess. Oh ok, and maybe some bacon and a pint of milk.

Is the 40L enough do you think?

Pootlingalong Wed 25-Jun-14 22:41:25

Does anyone have any kind of direct line to the nice Icey tek lady? Maybe she could redo the photos on the website to show how much wine and gininatin fits in each size rather than the nice pictures of strawberries and bread (who keeps bread in the fridge?)
It could be a special illustration for mumsnetters grin
Not sure if the 40l will be big enough for that amount of wine, tramp, especially if you keep your bread in the fridge. I have the 25l which will take a frozen / cold bag of wine released from its box

TheFantasticMrsFox Thu 26-Jun-14 06:07:22

Not sure about the 40l tramp but (at the risk of becoming a bore!) the 55l is massive!!
It barely fits through our loft hatch and because of our oddly shaped boot is a very snug fit in the back of the car. Granted DH and I did use the measurements provided before we bought it but they just dont seem to convey what a whopper it actually is in the flesh grin
And yes 6 bottles of wine, no problem wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now