First camping trip all on my own!

(11 Posts)
TwoLeftSocks Sun 15-Jun-14 16:19:18

With no children!

I'm owed a weekend off but no-one else is free so I'm thinking of going on my first completely solo camp.

Might head off to Whitby to do a spot of fossil hunting followed by take-away Singapore noodles on the sea wall.

What would you all do on a weekend by yourself?

yellowdinosauragain Sun 15-Jun-14 16:22:07

I would bloody love this. In fact I'm jealous! I'd go somewhere I could have a fire and take my kindle and lots of gininatin. I could mess about with the logs on the fore without having to fend off small boys wanting to fuck with my fire poke it with sticks. It would be fab...

Go for it!

BikeRunSki Sun 15-Jun-14 16:24:10

That sounds perfect to me. I'd add a walk on the NY Moors, and a nosey around the designer outlet centre on the A64 near York on the way home.

TwoLeftSocks Sun 15-Jun-14 16:30:25

Ooh yes, a fire would be ace! A book and cider will also be featuring.

TwoLeftSocks Sun 15-Jun-14 16:32:03

Can you recommend any spots on the Moors BikeSkiRun?

BikeRunSki Sun 15-Jun-14 16:42:36

Never actually camped on the moors, but have stayed (Cottage) in Lealholme and Staithes, both lovely.

TwoLeftSocks Sun 15-Jun-14 21:53:42

Thanks, might look them up. The only plave that stuck in my mind when we drove through last was somewhere that looked quite nice called something like Goat Hole, but I suspect I've not remembered that quite right.

Ineedmorepatience Sun 15-Jun-14 21:56:14

Cream tea at the North York Moors visitors centre. Or the beach Cafe at Sandsend.

No campsite advice though sorry.

Have fun smile

hillbilly Mon 16-Jun-14 11:02:18

Sounds fab although I think I would miss the children too much blush

CharmQuark Mon 16-Jun-14 11:38:24

I went on a solo camp to the child-free part of Blackberry Woods, and walked on the S Downs. 2 nights, 2 days walking. Bliss.

yellowdinosauragain Mon 16-Jun-14 18:07:59

Proper jealous of that charmquark. Although it would be a long journey for me I'd love love love to do that for a weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now