A Cadac. Which one and what accessories

(5 Posts)
Flappingandflying Sat 14-Jun-14 15:54:48

Ok, so saw one of these on a recent camping trip and it seems like a good idea. Think the chef 2 rather than the safari would be better for us due to bad backs, etc. but which cooking surfaces are the best. Am confused by brai, a grill thing, a pizza stone and a skottle and a chef pan. Any advice gratefully received oh wise ones.

looselegs Sat 14-Jun-14 23:11:44

we've got the chef and cook most things on it.We use the flat griddle for almost everything-breakfasts are fab!We also have a skottle,which is slightly bowl shape (great for curries etc) and have recently bought a paella pan as it is flat but has raised sides-great for roasted veg etc.Fish is lovely on it (wrap in foil first)We love our cadac and use it all year round (although it struggles a bit if it's windy).

yellowdinosauragain Sun 15-Jun-14 13:13:47

You want a Cobb <helpful>

Flappingandflying Sun 15-Jun-14 17:54:04

French campsite we go to only accepts gas.

bedhaven Sat 21-Jun-14 07:53:39

We just got a safari chef due to car space. The accessories for chef seem well worth it (and terribly tempting). I've found the ridged grill a bit of a pain to clean but after searching for ideas I'm armed with a fairy power spray for our french trip. Allegedly you spray, leave for 10 mins and it's a breeze. Fingers crossed! Apparently the cadac non stick foil is worth it. I've gone for the pizza stone but haven't tried it yet. The lid of the safari can be used as a pan too which has proved useful (and reduced our packing size further as we don't need another big pan). Great bit of kit, very well thought out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now