ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Brokerswood review as promised

(2 Posts)
dippingmytoeinagain Sat 07-Jun-14 07:54:43

I was on a thread that someone posted about campsites near Longleat - and I promised to comment on how we got on at Brokerswood Country Park campsite which isnearby...but I can't find the thread so have had to start this new one.

Anyway, site was excellent, really pleased with it and would return,

Weather was grim most nights, so we didn't experience it at its best as it got pretty muddy and it was half term/bank holiday so the site was busy which given that I am a bit of an antisocial grump at the best of times, didn't sit well with me, but we were there for the kids so heyho!

Good points: flat pitches, quite well spaced out, helpful staff especially when booking as we had particular requirements which they met without any issue at all and without any complications on arrival. EHU pitches close to facilities, non electric a bit of a stroll! Loos, showers etc clean, warm, plentiful. Small shops and cafe on site. Play area for kids within shouting distance of the site and one further in the woods, plus a playtrail. Activity sessions were also on which we signed up for and the kids loved (canoeing, archery and treeclimbing).

Negatives: Busy but as I said, half term and all that. Road noise from the lane but not so bad. Some noise on site after 11pm on the first night, but wardens soon put a stop to that and I think they do take this issue very seriously. Washing up area a bit tight.

Defn a good location for Longleat (which was fab day out - not enough time to do everything so make sure you get there as soon as it opens to get as much out of this as you can) - 20 mins or so to get there.

Hope this helps!

Youarejustwordsonascreenpeople Sat 07-Jun-14 11:33:34

Thanks for the review.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now