Best place to advertise camping kit

(8 Posts)
WetAugust Wed 04-Jun-14 13:08:10

Two years ago I bought a 5 man tent, canopy, footprint and carpet. Health problems now prevent me from camping They are all still in their boxes unused.The tent model is no longer made by Vango.

I want to sell the items. They are too heavy to send by post - so Ebay is out. I have tried my local free newspaper but there's been no interest. I've heard of Facebook Local but never used it. Would they sell on there?

Can anyone suggest a good place to sell them?

Thank you

shirazplease Wed 04-Jun-14 13:19:26

gumtree?

Cereal0ffender Wed 04-Jun-14 13:20:03

Gumtree

traviata Wed 04-Jun-14 13:23:31

ebay but state 'collection only'.

FreakinScaryCaaw Wed 04-Jun-14 13:44:05

Adtrader or Gumtree. Or as traviata said 'collection only' on Ebay.

Where are you in the UK? I love Vango tents and need a new family one as my family tent's leaking. It's Hi gear. My smaller Vangos are fantastic.

FreakinScaryCaaw Wed 04-Jun-14 13:45:48

WetAugust, you may be surprised how cheap it is to send by courier? I sent a huge supply of magazines, ones ds1 had collected, to another collector and think he only paid £30? They were very heavy. The buyer paid but you could and add it on to cost.

WetAugust Wed 04-Jun-14 13:52:01

Never thought of Gumtree. Good idea. I've used EBay with cash on collection only all over my ads before, only to have someone use Paypal and then get upset when I couldn't send it to her. had made me wary as I ended up paying the Paypal refund charge so was actually out of pocket with an unsold item

it's a Vango Artemis that is no longer made. I bought it before I became ill It appealed to me because it has steel poles and I had planned to camp out in all weathers. Ah we'll, that didn,t happen. I'm in Bristol so at least I can enjoy the balloon festival instead

Thank you

FreakinScaryCaaw Wed 04-Jun-14 13:55:13

I'm inboxing you OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now