Best place to advertise camping kit

(8 Posts)
WetAugust Wed 04-Jun-14 13:08:10

Two years ago I bought a 5 man tent, canopy, footprint and carpet. Health problems now prevent me from camping They are all still in their boxes unused.The tent model is no longer made by Vango.

I want to sell the items. They are too heavy to send by post - so Ebay is out. I have tried my local free newspaper but there's been no interest. I've heard of Facebook Local but never used it. Would they sell on there?

Can anyone suggest a good place to sell them?

Thank you

shirazplease Wed 04-Jun-14 13:19:26

gumtree?

Cereal0ffender Wed 04-Jun-14 13:20:03

Gumtree

traviata Wed 04-Jun-14 13:23:31

ebay but state 'collection only'.

Adtrader or Gumtree. Or as traviata said 'collection only' on Ebay.

Where are you in the UK? I love Vango tents and need a new family one as my family tent's leaking. It's Hi gear. My smaller Vangos are fantastic.

WetAugust, you may be surprised how cheap it is to send by courier? I sent a huge supply of magazines, ones ds1 had collected, to another collector and think he only paid £30? They were very heavy. The buyer paid but you could and add it on to cost.

WetAugust Wed 04-Jun-14 13:52:01

Never thought of Gumtree. Good idea. I've used EBay with cash on collection only all over my ads before, only to have someone use Paypal and then get upset when I couldn't send it to her. had made me wary as I ended up paying the Paypal refund charge so was actually out of pocket with an unsold item

it's a Vango Artemis that is no longer made. I bought it before I became ill It appealed to me because it has steel poles and I had planned to camp out in all weathers. Ah we'll, that didn,t happen. I'm in Bristol so at least I can enjoy the balloon festival instead

Thank you

I'm inboxing you OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now