Just booked Alfriston camping Park for half term

(4 Posts)
hillbilly Wed 30-Apr-14 14:09:56

Needed to be near Brighton and this seemed to be the only campfire site that had proper loos! Apparently the owner passed away last year and his son has taken over and is busy upgrading lots of things. Fingers croosed!

Has anyone been?

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 06-May-14 13:57:09

Let us know what its like smile

hillbilly Wed 07-May-14 18:13:05

Will do smile

hillbilly Thu 05-Jun-14 13:48:01

Just wanted to report back about this site. Very relaxed place. Pitch anywhere you like. The middle is the flattest place to pitch. Water tap and 3 flushing loos in the field and further loos and showers down the track next to tennis courts, which I think are available to use. Men's showers have been updated and apparently are lovely. Women's to follow. I questioned why the men's were done first and was told that they really were terrible before.

They come round with fire wood each evening and give you a half barrel firepit if you need it. Not sure if they charge for this as we had out own. Did not pay until Saturday afternoon when the brother/sister owner team came round.

Alfriston is lovely and I thoroughly recommend The George for a pub lunch. You can walk down to the coast (although we drove to Cuckmere then walked) and the beach is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now