Normal tents v inflatable/airbeam tents?

(5 Posts)
Nobloomingideapgornot Tue 15-Apr-14 13:49:54

We have just brought the kampa air Filey 6, we were torn between this or the outwell Vermont xlp.
It was the ease of erecting that sealed the deal for us, inflates in a minute, pegged out in about 10.
Can't wait to use it Friday...,

Lettucesnow Sun 13-Apr-14 19:23:27

Was in the middle of a VERY windy field last Monday and it stood it's ground...marvelous!

MrsMot Sun 06-Apr-14 16:50:48

Pic of my Infinity on this thread

We got it last year and it's fab. We visited a tent show to compare some, it was quite windy. The Airbeam was far sturdier than pretty much all the others.

Lettucesnow Sun 06-Apr-14 16:04:22

I have a Vango AirBeam awning for my motorhome and it's great! I can put it up all by myself in about 8 minutes (15 pumps per arch and 3 for the strengthening beam). It's the pegging out that takes the time.

I wanted mine NOW so wasn't prepared to wait for the price to come down.

It is VERY stable and comes with inner tension beam.

If beam bursts (it does have a thing so you can't over pump it) you apparently unzip and insert a new inner tube.

It chucked it down last weekend but everywhere inside stayed dry. Apparently it's better material than 'normal' tent stuff.

dannyboyle Sun 06-Apr-14 11:15:50

Buying a tent next week for 4 people inc a 3 and 2 year old, and one dog.
Initially figured budget of around £400 would be enough for a standard family tent, however yesterday found out about the vango airbeam tents which do seen rather attractive as could enable one of us to put up while other occupies children. We are planning on weekends at the moment with such young children and see how we go.....

So questions??? Are they worth the extra money for the convienence, are they stable, what happens if one bursts, gets a puncture, are they prone to leaks? Anything else I need to know???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now