Camping in Brittany in July

(5 Posts)
TheRealMBJ Sat 29-Mar-14 08:36:32

I have never been camping in France and am getting really excited about the prospect of going. We would get a ferry from Rosclare in Ireland (travelling from Northern Ireland) either to Cherbourg or Roscoff. And as the DC are still only 4 and 2 we would like to keep travel on the other side to a minimum,certainly only 2-3hrs drive max.

DH's work commitments mean that we can only take 2 weeks from the 12th of July

Ideally we would prefer smaller, less commercial sites and I quite like the look of La Pointe

Does anyone have any brilliant recommendations?

jamtoast12 Sat 29-Mar-14 13:35:58

We went to benodet "port du plaisance" which was great. It's only 1.5 hours max from Roscoff. The site was brilliant but we booked with jantom holidays as they work out cheaper. Loads of lovely places to visit nearby too.

www.yellohvillage.co.uk/camping/port_de_plaisance

www.jantomholidays.com

Nobloomingideapgornot Thu 10-Apr-14 21:04:42

Yelloh village les mouettes is only about 30/40 mins from roscoff, we are going in August

IshallcallyouBob Thu 10-Apr-14 21:19:38

We stayed at la pointe 3 years ago in a euro camp static. Benodet is lovely. Beautiful beach and several good restaurants. It's also easily walkable from the site with a buggy!
Close to Quimper and Concarneau. The site is well maintained but I found the entertainment area / restaurant a bit modern for my taste although the food was good. The pool was cold though! Les Mouettes also lovely although was a tad loud. The local village was really nice and its literally minutes from roscoff! Anywhere in Brittany is easy to get to from Roscoff really.
I love Carnac and can recommend Le Grand Metairie. Lovely site with lots to do. Indoor pool was a godsend on rainy days and the kids loved the farm animals on site!

Nobloomingideapgornot Sun 13-Apr-14 20:22:10

Ditto Benodet...that was last years choice. We went to Du Letty which was fab!

Your spoilt for choice really

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now