just booked beautiful days , very excited

(12 Posts)
MichaelFinnigan Tue 04-Mar-14 20:58:24

It'll be our first festival with the kids (3&5)

It was a bit of an impulse

Has anyone been before? And am I crazy to think we can take our bell tent? Will we ever get it from the car park to the camping?

I'm already planning on getting a cheap double pushchar, it'll be good for transporting our stuff and the dc will be only just 3 and 5. Does this sound sensible?

Allegrogirl Wed 05-Mar-14 09:20:40

We've been several times, twice with the kids. Last time was 2012 and it was a mud fest. Get an all terrain buggy second hand or one of those trolley things with chunky wheels you can tow. It's a fantastic festival for children. Just be prepared to drag all your kit through mud.

devilinside Wed 05-Mar-14 09:39:17

Has the line up been announced yet? we usually go to a folk festival, but I fancy a change

MichaelFinnigan Wed 05-Mar-14 12:48:21

The lineup has been announced. Primal scream is I think the only name I recognise blush

I think last summer has given me unjustified faith in the weather, I'd assumed it would be hot and sunny

Allegrogirl Wed 05-Mar-14 13:18:50

Are you sure that's not last year's line up? I'm sure primal scream were 2013 as I was gutted to miss them. Plan for mud. There's a steep slope to the campsite so you need something you can push/pull through it uphill. Last time we went it stopped raining on the Friday pm. The mud got sticky as it dried. you would really struggle with a small wheeled buggy. Those bicycle trailers with the massive wheels are a popular choice for carting kids around.

Allegrogirl Wed 05-Mar-14 13:59:59

Your faith in the weather is unjustified. It's in devon!

MichaelFinnigan Wed 05-Mar-14 14:19:02

Yes and am a veteran Glastonbury goer. You'd think I'd be expecting mud. But this time? No

Right. Need to start watching eBay for transport. The bigger the wheels the better

Does anyone take bell tents? It weighs a ton but fab in the rain

Onykahonie Wed 05-Mar-14 22:12:54

Are you planning to get there on the Thursday MichaelF? You'd need to get there earlyish to get a decent pitch for your tent.
It's quite trek (downhill) to the family camping areas...and even further back up!
The kids' area at BDs is fab, as is the theatre tent.

MichaelFinnigan Thu 06-Mar-14 09:18:18

Yes hopefully will get there on the thurs. there's a group of us so really want to be able to pitch near one another

The tent really is very heavy...

Onykahonie Thu 06-Mar-14 18:06:07

Do you have an alternative tent? If so, I would swap for the lighter option! We only take a 4 man tunnel tent and find that more than heavy enough to lug around. Having said that we have a little trolley to transport our stuff, not a huge truck-like thing!

MichaelFinnigan Fri 07-Mar-14 21:07:04

We could borrow one. It might well be sensible

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Fri 07-Mar-14 22:26:41

Can you borrow a campervan? We went 2012 when it was a mudfest, the campervan field is really close to the entrance so we didn't have far to walk, we had a 4 year old and I was pregnant. We loved it though, you'll have a great time! We're taking our now 6 year old and 1 year old to Deer shed festival in Yorkshire this year. We're also Veteran Glasto goers smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now