Bell tents, half moon coir matting....

(8 Posts)
GuineaPigGaiters Sat 01-Mar-14 11:08:26

Is it too heavy and cumbersome or do you really take it on every camping trip? We have a medium family car, am wondering if we'll fit the tent, bedding, cooking stuff AND the matting in. If anyone has some please can you fill me in on how easy it is to transport, or if you use a better alternative, Thank you.

twattock Mon 03-Mar-14 20:00:09

we got one for our 5m. we used it once, hugely heavy and very difficult to transport even ruled up on the roof. nice but not that nice...

GuineaPigGaiters Tue 04-Mar-14 11:39:59

Thanks twattock, I suspected as much, not cheap either... does the groundsheet protect much from the cold? Just wondering what we'd be best of using instead.

Wouldn't be without ours especially abroad but we have a massive car

GuineaPigGaiters Tue 04-Mar-14 18:27:35

Thanks too mother, cani. Ask why? Is it warmth that makes it indispensable? Any why especially abroad??

MarianneEnjolras Tue 04-Mar-14 20:59:15

I layer fleece blankets on the tent floor underneath oursleeping mats and then layer some flat pile rugs (from Ikea/argos) in the "living area" half of the tent.

I would love a fitted carpet for my bell tent.

twattock Wed 05-Mar-14 19:32:35

cheap rugs work much better than the mat for warmth. cheaper and lighter too, and nicer to walk on.

GuineaPigGaiters Wed 05-Mar-14 21:11:37

Righty then, I need to find me some lovely rugs! Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now