Festivals 2014!

(60 Posts)
Nannyplumismymum Fri 28-Feb-14 11:59:11

Where are people going?

We went to Shambala last year .

Am undecided whether to do Green Man this year or Shambala again ... I'm falling for the latter.

Onykahonie Sun 16-Mar-14 19:37:38

What sort of music is generally on at Shambala? I've looked at a few past line-ups and don't recognise many of the bands! Does anyone know how it compares to Beautiful Days?

dobby2001 Sun 23-Mar-14 17:39:42

Would love some advice as to best festival for this 40 something festi virgin to take her 12yo DD to? Have ALWAYs wanted to go to a festival but DH said no. He has now giving up camping altogether so out of the equation :-D

We are in S.London so wondering about Elderflower fields, or would that be too young families with smalls and thus not cool enough for DD?

dobby2001 Wed 26-Mar-14 18:26:20

Anyone? Have I killed another thread then...sad

CelticPromise Wed 26-Mar-14 22:39:21

Dobby if you like the music I would def recommend Cambridge but it's sold out this year. I haven't been to any others recently but Green Man always gets good reviews?

exexpat Wed 26-Mar-14 23:48:08

Dobby - yes, Green Man is good for that age group - manageable size, very laid-back festival, there is a teen area but also a very good field full of hands-on science/eco/crafty things which DD (11) enjoyed last year. And if she is still under 13 at the time of the festival, children's tickets are really cheap (£5 last year, haven't checked this year).

Takver Thu 27-Mar-14 19:55:40

I'd thought of doing something different, but I think most likely we'll go to the Green Gathering again. DD is very keen to go, though at 12 she falls slightly awkwardly between the children's activities and the teen space.

I'm also tempted by Women in Tune - which also is very reasonable esp as dd would be free! Have never been, but always fancied it.

bedhaven Sat 29-Mar-14 17:01:56

Elderflower fields was a real mix of ages, it depends on what makes it cool for her? They've got a list of activities for 11+ but apart from music mostly quite outdoorsy- slack lining, parkour, climbing etc. depends what you're both into.

Onykahonie Sat 29-Mar-14 18:24:26

Anyone ever been to the Galtres Festival in Yorkshire?

214 Tue 22-Apr-14 20:14:56

We have been to Galtres, 1st time last year and had an absolute ball. It was laid back with tons to do, great live acts and good variety of food and drink. loads of kids of all ages there, ours loved it and we are back again this year.

greencybermummy Thu 24-Apr-14 23:47:26

Greenman for 2nd time, all of us, excellent for the children. Cambridge first time, just me and DH, very excited.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now