Festivals 2014!

(60 Posts)
Nannyplumismymum Fri 28-Feb-14 11:59:11

Where are people going?

We went to Shambala last year .

Am undecided whether to do Green Man this year or Shambala again ... I'm falling for the latter.

mrsmugoo Wed 05-Mar-14 10:29:16

Only Wilderness this year and Glastonbury for the day if I can get it.

MummyPigsFatTummy Wed 05-Mar-14 10:56:03
Felix90 Wed 05-Mar-14 11:02:54

Uri try Beacons! We are going this year after recommendations from friends. It looks great. It's just near Skipton smile

SlimJimBra Wed 05-Mar-14 21:18:18

Just So (Cheshire, so not south!)

Grockle Wed 05-Mar-14 21:23:41

Another one for Camp Bestival again smile

UriGeller Thu 06-Mar-14 09:24:37

Thanks, I'll check them all out, and that site mummypig grin.

UriGeller Thu 06-Mar-14 09:27:13

Just So looks fun.

OBface Fri 07-Mar-14 10:24:14

Camp Bestival and Glastonbury (on my own) here. Toying with the idea of Shambala as well as is literally round the corner. My DD is 3, is it a good festival for that age group?

LondonSuperTrooper Fri 07-Mar-14 10:54:58

Which tents do you take with you for the festivals? Mine is too big to lug around without a car (heard that you have to carry all equipment from car park to site).

MummyPigsFatTummy Fri 07-Mar-14 19:29:46

We bought a folding trolley wagon thing from Lidl last year to save so much lugging about. Means we can take the bell tent. Also we can use it for DD to rest when she gets tired during the festival. Some people use pushchairs or, if they have space in the car/van, a radio flyer type wagon which doesn't fold.

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Fri 07-Mar-14 22:35:26

Yes uri, deer shed festival, Thirsk

northender Fri 07-Mar-14 22:41:25

Shrewsbury folk festival for the northend family (with ds 12 & dd 9)
In august. Never been to a festival before, can't wait.

Grockle Sat 08-Mar-14 09:01:02

We used a trolley to lug our stuff from car to pitch. We have a Vango Icarus 500 - easy to put up and not too big. We sleep in our tent and that's it - we don't spend time there during the day so are out from 8.30ish til after 11pm.

You can buy trolleys but I know you can hire them at some festivals - we'll do that this year.

lisad123everybodydancenow Wed 12-Mar-14 21:15:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Grockle Fri 14-Mar-14 00:42:55

Aww, Lisa, I'll hold you to that. Although atm, I am teetotal. I suspect that I will be over that by the summer.

I just found out that I DO have DS for Camp B - there was some doubt that he could come but it's all ok now. The nice thing about CB is that there are different areas, not too far apart, so if DC don't want to listen to loud music, you can chill out and do crafts or a kids workshop or just sit on a sofa in a field and people watch or hang out in the chill out area. DS has ear defenders for when it gets too loud. Take lots of snacks & glowsticks.

Lozcal01 Fri 14-Mar-14 20:31:12

Im doing Edenfest and maybe Deer Shed fest. My daughters first festivals! They are both only a couple of hours drive away (from Newcastle)

I've just learned to drive so still too scared to go too far!

I have heard good things about both of them and am so excited! Has anyone been to them?

I am also going to Boomtown but thats with friends. It look totally brilliant.

ilovepicnmix Fri 14-Mar-14 20:36:50

Deershed for me and DS. He will be just turned 2 so just 1 when we went last year. I thoroughly recommend it as a family festival. I am a LP and managed fine for anyone wondering about going to festivals with young ones. I went as part of a larger group of friends so had help putting up my tiny tent. The most difficult bit was getting our stuff from the car to the camping bit.

Romily Fri 14-Mar-14 22:30:19

I have never been to festival before however we are thinking about going to Eden this year as we have heard it is really family friendly. I t would be great to hear what others have thought of it.

CelticPromise Sun 16-Mar-14 18:30:19

We're going to Cambridge. Went last year with DS ethno is 4, it was my first festival in years and we had a brilliant time. It will be a bit different this year because we're just about to buy a campervan eek! It's DH's midlife crisis buy I reckon. I really fancy Green Man too if we can afford it.

CelticPromise Sun 16-Mar-14 18:30:51

Who is 4 that should be.

Hulababy Sun 16-Mar-14 18:37:32

We are going to Car Fest North. We are taking dd's friend with us so will have a busy time with two 12 year old girls: DH is probably regretting it already - he hates camping as it is!

Raxacoricofallapatorius Sun 16-Mar-14 18:46:02

Celtic, we do Cambridge every year. First year we took dd she was 11 weeks and we borrowed dbil's camper van. Twas excellent. We're camping at Coldhams too as the DC are 6 and 2 so the quiet suits us. Our friend always celebrates his birthday at the festival and we do so with fancy dress Friday. This year our theme is Christmas. So if you see a group of 30 somethings with some smaller people in tow, all bedecked in festive attire, do point and laugh.

exexpat Sun 16-Mar-14 18:47:07

After three years running at Green Man we can't make it this year but I'm wondering about something like End of the Road - has anyone been?

I'm slightly put off by the teen and child tickets at EOTR being much more expensive than Green Man - the Green Man £5 tickets for under 13s are a bargain, and even the teen ones are half adult price rather than about 2/3 like End of the Road.

We're also going to this lovely tiny festival - more than a touch of lentil-weavery about it (though the same seems true of most festivals I've been to), but lovely location and brilliant for children: Beyond the Border.

Ledkr Sun 16-Mar-14 18:57:13

We are going to Wychwood in Cheltenham.
It's amazing fiot children so much to do and they have a parade on Sunday to show off their creations.
Very family orientated.
We camp even though we live in the same town.
I do go home once though for a pooh a shower and to make a big pasta bake to bring back.

CelticPromise Sun 16-Mar-14 19:02:13

Ha Rax sounds fab, I will be sure to look out for you! We camped at Coldhams last year and I loved it. I thought the bus would be a faff but it was fine and like you say nice and quiet for DS. And showers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now