Festivals 2014!

(60 Posts)
Nannyplumismymum Fri 28-Feb-14 11:59:11

Where are people going?

We went to Shambala last year .

Am undecided whether to do Green Man this year or Shambala again ... I'm falling for the latter.

Onykahonie Fri 28-Feb-14 15:57:35

Good question! We're undecided on whether to go to our usual Beautiful Days, or to go to a festival with some bands the now teenage kids will have heard of (apart from the Levellers of course)!

MummyPigsFatTummy Sat 01-Mar-14 00:13:27

Elderflower Fields. Went last year and loved it. New site this year so hope it's as good.

mydadsdaughter Sat 01-Mar-14 00:20:55

we are going to cropredy (working) but I must admit I would love to go to beautiful days

chicaguapa Sat 01-Mar-14 19:19:51

We're going to Green Man this year. It's our first ever festival. DH is listening to the bands to figure out which ones he wants to go and see. I'm planning on hanging out with DC.

bedhaven Sat 01-Mar-14 19:50:12

Elderflower fields too! Will be even better now our littlest is charging around. See you there Mummypig

Showy Sat 01-Mar-14 19:51:57

I'm going to Cambridge. Would love to do Beautiful Days but it's just too far away. Would also like to go to Latitude but it's ££. Will be going to a sausage and beer festival at Jimmy's Farm too!

serin Sun 02-Mar-14 17:16:11

Definitely not the Big Feastival, went last year and it was dire.

blondefriend Mon 03-Mar-14 21:56:43

Camp Bestival as usual but will look into some of the others as well. smile

NettleTea Mon 03-Mar-14 22:56:41

sad that Elderflower fields has moved as was thinking about that one. I need something near so I can get away Friday night/Sat morning and be back on Sunday as guests come into our site on Fri/Mon

gengis Mon 03-Mar-14 22:58:37

We went to green man last year and it was lovely, got tickets for this year too.

MummyPigsFatTummy Tue 04-Mar-14 00:09:30

I think it's just moved up more Kent way NettleTea. Not that far I don't think.

Camp Bestival again here. Johnny Marr and De La Soul!

MummyPigsFatTummy Tue 04-Mar-14 00:25:37

Bit south of Ashdown Forest by the look of it. 18 miles from Brighton apparently.

lisad123everybodydancenow Tue 04-Mar-14 21:01:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JourneyToThePlacentaOfTheEarth Tue 04-Mar-14 21:46:39

We're going to camp bestival too Lisa. V excited. Why are you panicking?

Nannyplumismymum Wed 05-Mar-14 00:48:30

Mummy pig - where is Elderflower Festival ?

Nannyplumismymum Wed 05-Mar-14 00:51:10

Chica - I was so nearly went for Green Man this year - but I just couldn't take myself away from Shambala.grin
Absolutely magical place . Love it love it love it. And the DC would never have forgiven me for not going back this year.

aufaniae Wed 05-Mar-14 00:54:11

Hoping to go to Standon Calling again, lovely boutique festival only 45 minutes from London, really child friendly. We've been 3 times now. Saturday night is fancy dress, the kids loved it smile

jammietart Wed 05-Mar-14 07:51:54

We're going to Latitude. First time at Latitude and our first festival with the DCs. I'm so nervous. I've only ever done 'big' festivals pre children - I just can't imagine how its going to pan out!

happyyonisleepyyoni Wed 05-Mar-14 07:55:46

We went to latitude last year with DCs, first time festivallers. It was great. The loos are very clean and the family camping area was grand. The only problem was dragging DD age 2 out if the kids area, to see some bands. The kids zone is a mini festival in itself really!

Felix90 Wed 05-Mar-14 07:56:09

We are considering going to Beacons as its on my birthday weekend! DD will be 8 months by then but I'm a bit worried about taking a baby to a festival. Please tell me it won't be massively stressful grin

jammietart Wed 05-Mar-14 08:00:00

Ha ha happy. I've already said to DH I can see myself sitting by a bouncy castle call weekend and not seeing any bands at all!

I tell a lie about first festival with kids we've been to Sark Folk Festival. That was good.

MummyPigsFatTummy Wed 05-Mar-14 10:05:25

This year EF will be in Pippingford Park, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex Nannyplum - link to PP here: www.pippingford.co.uk/

Last year it was at an estate closer to Lewes, but I think they are presumably growing a bit - not too much I hope. I prefer small festivals really. Camp Bestival and similar are way too big for me now.

UriGeller Wed 05-Mar-14 10:22:20

Is it just me being lazy or do all summer festivals happen in southern parts?

Love End Of The Road festival but its such a pain to get to. Any nice camping festivals north like Yorkshire area?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now