Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Anyone been to Il de Oleron?

(5 Posts)
WelshMoth Fri 07-Feb-14 18:04:23

Am thinking of camping there this summer, as opposed to Il de Re as was my previous intentions - there are no campsites with waterslides in Il De Re and DD's would be heartbroken...

Have spotted a good one on Il De Oleron, plus the bridge to that particular part of France is toll free. Bonus!

MummyPigsFatTummy Fri 07-Feb-14 20:50:18

Don't know about Ildoleron but if you change back to wanting ile de re I posted a couple with slides on your previous thread. Have a great time wherever you go smile

hillbilly Sat 08-Feb-14 08:04:38

Not been yet but hoping to go this summer!

Kahlua4me Sun 23-Feb-14 14:48:28

We went to Ile d'Oleron a few years ago. The beaches were lovely and everything was drivable but it didn't really feel like France to us. No markets, little cafes etc.

Felt quite touristy so although we had a good time and kids enjoyed it, I wouldn't return.

rightsaidfred Mon 24-Feb-14 22:13:13

Went last year and booked to go back again this summer-loved it. Beaches were amazing and we found a couple of great markets and it wasn't at all packed in August. Some days we had the beach to ourselves!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now