Anyone been to the Carvan and Camping Show at the NEC?

(9 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Thu 06-Feb-14 16:14:18

I've won tickets and as I've just bought a caravan am tempted to go for a nose round.

But it's about 90 min drive away - is it worth going? I don't need anything.

Oblomov Thu 06-Feb-14 16:22:04

If you've won tickets, why not?
We paid for ours. reduced. It was 'o.k'
Saw plenty of very expensive things that we will never be able to afford, but hey !!

VivaLeBeaver Thu 06-Feb-14 16:26:17

Mmmm, it'll probably cost nearly £20 in fuel. If it's just to look at 20k caravans I'm not that bothered.

CMOTDibbler Thu 06-Feb-14 16:33:06

We went last year and it was really good - ds went kayaking, climbing, and water zorbing for free.

You can sign up for caravan towing training for free which would be worth the fuel

BrokenFairylights Thu 06-Feb-14 16:33:52

I love going, but them I love gadgets and looking a lovely new caravans. I enjoy having the chance to look at all models for all makes in one place at the same time. You can also get bargains if you're looking to buy equipment etc

VivaLeBeaver Thu 06-Feb-14 16:46:40

I've just been looking at the towing sessions. Its 15 mins and as I've paid for and booked on a whole day course in March I'd probably skip that. The rock climbing, etc looks good. We'll probably go for a mooch round, half term so it'll entertain dd for a day!

scrappydappydoo Sat 08-Feb-14 13:31:50

We're going to look for a new tent smile

CatsRule Sat 08-Feb-14 18:40:26

We've just been to the show at the SECC and it was rubbish!No tents, all bling bling and top of the range caravans. We went to buy a tent.

magso Mon 17-Feb-14 16:11:38

We went to the one about 6 months ago and will go again at half term, as we need things for our new ( but elderly) campervan- and we are new to camping in a van. Ds (14) loved it as he likes looking inside 'small homes' and poking in cupboards (he is autistic). There are lots of the latest caravans and campers to look at (which is of limited interest to people who are not looking for a new one) but there are lots of other things such as accessory stalls, campsite representatives and regional touring information, which is all very useful if you are looking for ideas as we are.
Could you combine it with other things? We visited the Think tank (science museum near Aston university with its own parking), and hope to visit Stratford on Avon next week, as Ds is learning about Shakespear. I think there is a motorcycle museum near by too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now