Il de Re campsites with waterslides?

(13 Posts)
WelshMoth Tue 04-Feb-14 22:16:54

Are there such things?
DD's are mad for them but I can't seem to find any on Il de Re?
help!

myfavouritethings Wed 05-Feb-14 20:10:18

bump

WelshMoth Wed 05-Feb-14 20:28:41

Thanks for the bump!

Anyone?

myfavouritethings Wed 05-Feb-14 22:47:38

I'm looking for the same thing. DD will be 7 and we promised her a pool with all the bells and whistles next hols.

MummyPigsFatTummy Thu 06-Feb-14 09:16:03

I feel your pain. We are looking for French campsites at the moment and I have to keep dismissing incredible sites with beautiful views and location etc because there aren't any water slides in the pool and DD would never forgive us - it is all she talks about. Hey ho.

How about here? www.campinglesgrenettes.com/uk/index.php#loisirs-et-services.php

Or one of these sites?

www.flowercampings.com/en/campsite-ile-de-re-ile-d-oleron/

One of the Flower sites mentions an Aquapark 800m away so that might be an alternative option if there are not enough slides in the campsite itself.

MummyPigsFatTummy Thu 06-Feb-14 09:18:34

Hmm, looking at the Flower camping ones, they are just pools aren't they? You need a Yelloh or a Castels site really for serious water slide-age!

MummyPigsFatTummy Thu 06-Feb-14 09:31:46
Superspudable Thu 06-Feb-14 15:57:46

There are definitely sites with waterparks on nearby Ile d'Oleron - look on www.campings-atlantique.com/

WelshMoth Sat 08-Feb-14 06:50:20

Superspedable, that's a huge help.
Thanks!

ivykaty44 Sat 08-Feb-14 06:56:06

Dol de Bretagne has a campsite with bells and whistles slides and it is a lovely area, but a bit far from op destination sorry

WelshMoth Sat 08-Feb-14 06:57:30

Sounds fab ivy, going to look now.
Whenever I think I have a 'plan', things always take a new direction lol

Flappingandflying Sat 08-Feb-14 18:29:37

Try la Garangeoire. It's not on isle de re but not far.

Ile de Noirmoutier has a fab water park. It's much more down market than Il de Re, but our kids liked it much better when we stayed there are there were more kid things to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now