ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Anyone camped at Toms field in swanage?

(11 Posts)
lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 25-Jan-14 21:37:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SeaShellsMyDogTrulySmells Fri 31-Jan-14 19:49:48

It is great, but very popular and you can't book - it gets full of climbers as it is a short walk to the cliffs through farm land. Was clean but slightly basic, and no big play areas for kids. Great though - we were there in good weather and loved the walks.

lisad123everybodydancenow Fri 31-Jan-14 23:30:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fridayfreedom Fri 31-Jan-14 23:32:45

Lovely site. Basic but clean. First come first served though so can get full.
That's where we had the badger in the awning grin

heinztomatosoupp Fri 31-Jan-14 23:35:03

you have to get tokens for the showers in the campsite shop each one is for a 3 minute shower I think. clean toilets, washing up sinks, friendly staff, nice shop, overall was a really lovely campsite

jobnockey Sat 01-Feb-14 19:46:55

I found this campsite a little cramped to be honest, tents too close together and not much space, and you're not allowed campfires. But it's in a beautiful location, lovely walks and beautiful little local pubs...

OonaghBhuna Tue 04-Feb-14 15:48:48

Beautiful location, I had at least 8 family holidays there when I was growing up and they were the best holidays. I visited a few years ago and it was pretty much the same as it was all of those years ago. Tom of course has passed away he used to tell my parents that he was always being offered money for the land and he refused to sell it as the area would be destroyed with developers. Im so glad its still there. I have very happy memories.

OonaghBhuna Tue 04-Feb-14 15:49:57

The kings Arms pub was in the village and they used to have a fab beer garden and childrens room.......

WhatNoPants Tue 04-Feb-14 16:08:01

We went in Sept so don't know how busy it gets in August. It was fab though - very low key, make your own fun sort of place.

We too had a visiting badger. It would skulk about at night looking for food around people's tents. Every now and again there would be a squawk as someone discovered it rifling through their belongings. Woe betide you if didn't do a zip up properly or left a cool box outside!

Lovely area, wonderful walk from campsite to the sea. We loved it.

WhatNoPants Tue 04-Feb-14 16:09:11

Don't think you could get down to sea though - big cliffs.

Boaty Sat 15-Feb-14 19:20:34

It was our second ever holiday, our first was to a camp site on North Devon Coast. Got a leaflet that said 'laundry facilities available'..we found out when we got there that meant a sink and mangle!! DC thought it was great grin
We did go back a number of times though so not all bad.
Haven't been back in recent years though - we live quite locally now- but it is in a beautiful location with lovely walks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now